Thread: What are the myths of Watercooling

What are the myths of Watercooling

I am looking forward to configure the watercooling system for my system CPU. Before that I want to know some things more about this kind of cooling. Does anyone know the myths about this cooling? I am configuring it for the first time. I particularly like the ones concerning to temp as well as measurement. I've been looking for a perfect direction from the past several days,

Re: What are the myths of Watercooling

There are myths die hard in this area so special and sometimes very badly treated, propagated and upheld by people who either have never installed a kit in their lives, liquid, and therefore speak only heard say, or who have had bad experiences using amateur or low-quality components, and that they wanted to try it just because "it's cool to have the liquid in the PC" or who knows why else.

Watercooling myths to the test: flow limit, corrosion and what's really behind it.

That would be great, who one would have as few comparative tests, which is really good, or is just rubbish

The temperature rise at all points of the circuit in a slow and steady, reaching what is called the point of "thermal equilibrium". Reached that "point", which is equivalent to an average temperature of the liquid contained in the entire circuit, and keeping constant all other conditions (temperature, speed and scope of the fan on the radiator, pump, workload applied to the chips cooled) and the cooling water will dissipate instantaneously each watt that is placed in the circuit from the chip cool.

Like most of you know, liquid cooling for a couple of years, is a phenomenon increasingly commercial technology and a fast growing trend. Proof of this is that just over 10 years, companies like Asetek, GlobalWin, Innovatek and Swiftech pioneer in the field of liquid cooling began this project: to build and install a liquid cooling system similar to a car and such was the result, which until now, is one of the most common cooling alternatives that not only was formed for the exclusive use of the CPU's, but also many other components that make up a computer and are the main generators of heat.

My neighbor has a water cooling system last met. It works without problems because the system is a water-cooled coolant is passed really should not be called but well.. An alternative is to buy a larger box with several large fans that I've done with the neighbor and the case is without water is not hot when multiple heavy programs are running. We even have the PC can accelerate from 2.5 Ghertz to 3.5 Ghertz and without water cooling!

Both copper and nickel are fairly inert, but copper has indeed the tendency of a dark layer. When it comes to you look good, then something is indeed a nickel more, that will shine, while copper dark (think of 5 cent coins, which are dark brown quickly). Copper is only slightly affected. On the inside, where the water flows through copper can solve, especially if there is oxygen and carbon dioxide from the air in contact with the liquid. I assume however that your cooling is a closed system. If there is copper in solution, then it can react with the nickel, but if you have a closed system, it will naturally dissolve quickly stop when the oxygen is used up.

The cooling performance of the watercooling sets is good. However, compared with a high end air cooler not perform significantly better.

X-bit Labs questions was right on the usefulness of these sets.

For the Thermaltake Big Typhoon included is much cheaper and offers the same performance without the risk of leaks and possible problems with the installation and cooling of components around the processor. But those who prefer water cooling has, for whatever reason, does well to the Thermaltake Bigwater consider. This fact has set the best price performance ratio.

The first myth is the one according to which the liquid has different temperatures at different points of a hypothetical liquid circuit. Indeed, it is commonplace to think that the fluid has a low temperature before entering into a waterblock, and then submit a much higher you get out of the same waterblock. According to the same logic, the difference in temperature of the liquid before and after entering in the radiator should be quite pronounced.