Thread: BlackArmor NAS backup licenses for laptops

BlackArmor NAS backup licenses for laptops

So are the backup licenses of BA NAS portable between the laptops? That’s the question that I want to ask you all. since what I know is that wireless and wired adapters on a laptop employ dissimilar MAC addresses. This is what I know and hence that’s the reason why it should work that’s what I fee, don’t know what do you all have to say about it and hence that’s why I am asking this question wit you all, so do reply accordingly on the same, do reply accordingly over here. Waiting for the necessary help from you all.

Re: BlackArmor NAS backup licenses for laptops

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Aiden View Post
    So are the backup licenses of BA NAS portable between the laptops? That’s the question that I want to ask you all. since what I know is that wireless and wired adapters on a laptop employ dissimilar MAC addresses. This is what I know and hence that’s the reason why it should work that’s what I fee, don’t know what do you all have to say about it and hence that’s why I am asking this question wit you all, so do reply accordingly on the same, do reply accordingly over here. Waiting for the necessary help from you all.
    Yes the method that you have suggested here is right but with the existing Seagate device I don’t think so that would be possible at all, that’s what I feel here, unless and until you own an Intel PRO/Wireless you will not be able to change the mac address of the INC at all.

I know it’s a big disadvantage for the Seagate users but still you will have to compromise for some extent that’s what I feel here.

Dude you know what even I am having the Intel PRO/Wireless card in my laptop and guess what I am not able to change any mac address at all. That’s what I am saying here, so you cannot say that those who are having the Intel PRO/Wireless will be able to change the mac address that’s completely false. Anyways if there is a fix for this issue then you can forward the solution for me that would be better for me as well as for other users who are having this kind of problem, that’s what I want to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by 1kshana View Post
    Dude you know what even I am having the Intel PRO/Wireless card in my laptop and guess what I am not able to change any mac address at all. That’s what I am saying here, so you cannot say that those who are having the Intel PRO/Wireless will be able to change the mac address that’s completely false. Anyways if there is a fix for this issue then you can forward the solution for me that would be better for me as well as for other users who are having this kind of problem, that’s what I want to say here.
    You can use this software named as SMAC 2.0. just download the trial version it is a mac address changer for the windows system regardless of whether the network card manufacturers that you are using, that’s what I am saying here, so do have a good look at the same that’s what I want to say over here. so please do have a check at the software that I have named here and let me know if that software was useful for you ion changing of that mac address, hope it proves useful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roey View Post
    You can use this software named as SMAC 2.0. just download the trial version it is a mac address changer for the windows system regardless of whether the network card manufacturers that you are using, that’s what I am saying here, so do have a good look at the same that’s what I want to say over here. so please do have a check at the software that I have named here and let me know if that software was useful for you ion changing of that mac address, hope it proves useful for you.
    Ok thanks it seems mac address has finally changes and also it has invited a bit of probems as well, anyways I will deal with It later, now what I am asking is that I have installed the backup on my machine. Now tell me does the admin have to approve each and every license or does everything gets sorted when a device connects to the NAS by means of the backup software? Do you have any idea about the same then do reply to me over here about the same. Waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same. please do clarify my this doubt as well. Waiting for the reply.

The second option is correct i.e. when a device gets connected to the NAS using the backup software that is when it asks for the license from the license pool, that’s it and nothing more. Since the license is having the machines mac address in it that’s why it asks for the confirmation.

It is a one shot process and nothing else so you don’t have to wait for the same that’s what I am saying here.

Ok thanks for the conformation that you have given here it was really nice of you to confirm me about the same that was really great from your side.

Now everything else has got sorted out in my mind and all credit goes to you all guys for the same, so thanks a lot guys.