Thread: Cannot nfs mount from BlackArmor 440

Cannot nfs mount from BlackArmor 440

The title says it all I am trying to mount the storage partition over my LAN from Linux it is giving me back an error. Strangely it is working fine with my windows. I have tried looking out for some guides that will help me in the process but all of them eventually have failed to give me any support.

So that’s the reason why I have come here seeking some help from you all on the same, so please do let me know about the same as soon as possible. What else I can do over here to get some help out of it that’s what I am asking here.

Re: Cannot nfs mount from BlackArmor 440

Quote Originally Posted by !Haritbaran! View Post
    The title says it all I am trying to mount the storage partition over my LAN from Linux it is giving me back an error. Strangely it is working fine with my windows. I have tried looking out for some guides that will help me in the process but all of them eventually have failed to give me any support.

So that’s the reason why I have come here seeking some help from you all on the same, so please do let me know about the same as soon as possible. What else I can do over here to get some help out of it that’s what I am asking here.
    Just try updating the firmware manually and see if it is working or not, that’s what you should be doing iver here and also one more thing that I would like to suggest over here is that check if the IP address is there in the allowed NFS clients page. So that’s what you should be doing over here do work on the same what is suggested here and let me know if that works out for you.

Just want to say that it did not work with me at all, that’s what the issue is now can you all tell me what can be the problem over here. I just forgot to mention that I just failed to mention about the same in the above posts and hence this confusion of solution. Just want to say that I have tried out the solution eventually and that did not work for me at all, so now please do suggest me something over here, I am sure that you all are experts on solving this type of questions. So really on that waiting for the necessary help from you all on that.

It is very important to know what is being exported by the BlackArmor: since you must be knowing about the public share in the command so I am asking you to check it with the showmount command what exactly is being exported from the BlackArmor.

So the probable syntax for that would be

BlackArmor: showmount -e <IPaddress>

So that is the exact fix for you that you are looking for, so hope that was enough for you all, that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabert View Post
    It is very important to know what is being exported by the BlackArmor: since you must be knowing about the public share in the command so I am asking you to check it with the showmount command what exactly is being exported from the BlackArmor.

So the probable syntax for that would be

BlackArmor: showmount -e <IPaddress>

So that is the exact fix for you that you are looking for, so hope that was enough for you all, that’s it from my side for you.
    Ok you have said to me about the export so what should I do for the mount command? Do you know what to do about the mount command I need some advise on the same and hence I am asking you about the same, what is the mount command, do let me know about it as soon as possible.

Anyways thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by !Haritbaran! View Post
    Ok you have said to me about the export so what should I do for the mount command? Do you know what to do about the mount command I need some advise on the same and hence I am asking you about the same, what is the mount command, do let me know about it as soon as possible.

Anyways thanks for your reply.
    The syntax for the mount command is
    mount -t nfs <IPaddress>:/DataVolume/Public /<Local mount point>
    for example the same code in Linux would be
    # mount -t nfs 192.168.10.204:/DataVolume/Public /mnt

So that’s it from my side for you, hope you have got the necessary information on the same, that’s it from my side for you.