Thread: Unable to recognize Maxtor OneTouch 4 mini (250 GB) in both Mac and Windows operating systems

Unable to recognize Maxtor OneTouch 4 mini (250 GB) in both Mac and Windows operating systems

I have been utilizing a One Touch 4 Mini 250GB just about every day for the final 2 years. I utilized it at home on my Mac OS and at school on Windows machines. It's never given me any situations either Operating System with files going among the few regularly. Now out of the blue the drive doesn't appear to be popping up on my post of drives. Macs or PCs can’t identify it and I have a parcel imperative school work with there that isn't gone down unfortunately. The light on the drive will blink once then afterward stays on following connecting to the USB, but nothing appears. I attempted utilizing an offbeat USB link that fit in with my sibling's portable Toshiba hard drive but it still didn’t work. Not beyond any doubt what my choices are as of right now for either settling my Portable HD or anyhow recuperating the information. Please help!

Re: Unable to recognize Maxtor OneTouch 4 mini (250 GB) in both Mac and Windows operating systems

I am having the same correct situation with my drive (500 GB) and I was told by tech support to reinstall the capacity supply. I don’t believe that will settle the situation, as it is even now getting capacity evidently. None of the troubleshooting they award is of any assistance either.

Re: Unable to recognize Maxtor OneTouch 4 mini (250 GB) in both Mac and Windows operating systems

Sounds well known to me, but I’ve had my one touch 500GB distinguished even now so the capacity advance and usb are fine. I’ve attempted alternate heads also a few seconds ago to see depending on if its those that are the situation but I am still having issues.

I am having the precise same setback. Capacity exists and is working, USB cable works fine (XP account chief sees the drive and contents), but the Maxtor OneTouch chief makes a point not to demonstrate the head in its post. It states: "No outside drives were found. Verify your outer drive is associated and turned on."

First and foremost you need to have the maxtor programming installed on any computer you connect the drive to you problem at present know that but in the event of some unforeseen issue. Following the time when I got a late PC with Windows 7 the drive could appear in Maxtor administrator but was indicating the head as bolted. The choice to put in my secret word to unlock it was not good to go. I attempted to click on the drive go to uproot the password and gained a memo "this devise tries not to back security".

Here is the fix for mine. I installed the maxtor product on my friend’s computer running Windows XP connected to the drive and up pops the window to drop in my secret key. I dropped in my password and up it pops on my computer. I headed off to the drive pass in maxtor chief and uprooted the secret key. I then connected the drive to my machine running Windows 7 and the drive pops up on my PC forthwith.

I concur with the above posts. I attempted to re-install password in drive pass but again appropriated the note "this devise makes a point not to support security". I know this is an extended depiction but I was so disturbed at those moronic tech people telling me something was the matter with my drive when I type of figured it was the secret key the whole time. The just test is recognizing a machine with Windows XP or (Vista could work as well! attempt it) so you could probably uproot the password.

Out of the blue, light on makes a point not to appear in "My Computer" Can identify it in "Device Manager" but not under drives, just accounted as "maxtor one touch". Max Manager the drive was bolted at one indicates but now won’t even recognize the drive, and when it declared it was bolted would be able to not access security Question.

I required the contents of my drive for school and there was no plain strategy to get it back. I asked around some and was told it might have been the motherboard browned on my case so no situation I actually run over to Comp USA and acquired a late case. I opened up my One Touch Mini and popped it in the new case but no fortunes; my situation was greater than that. The drive itself was harmed and it was determined to need expensive data recovery methods.

99% of you over there could just have cut your losses and scrapped the HD but for me it was determined to mean not moving on from school provided that I didn’t get it all back. I ran with a neighborhood lab and they did the recovery for me. It ended up costing a total of $980. I got all my data back and studied a lesson to never work off my portable drive.

My OneTouch4 drive letter has been vanishing from my File Manager (Windows Explorer) various times and accidentally I uncovered that depending on if I run CHKDSK on the Onetouch4 drive the OneTouch4 drive will return in the File Manager.