Thread: What is Seagate GoFlex Satellite Product Roadmap?

What is Seagate GoFlex Satellite Product Roadmap?

Is there any individual from Seagate who would be able to give us data of the Product Roadmap for this device for us enduring early-adopters? Someone appears to spend an exceptional measure of time safeguarding in opposition to negative reviews on Amazon, but no individual has ever blatantly come on the net here to tell the users what updates are once again being set the groundwork and When to anticipate them! No offense but without fail someone comes here to take up conversation about a blemish, or a idea for enhancement, you declare you will go it in to the artists. Is that a restricted send opening, or does any info ever gets back to item support individuals about what updates are once again being made? I mean, this thing, while suitable for the users that just have a few motion pictures to stress over, are basically broken for those of us with more extensive gatherings, which should have the capacity to utilize the "Folder View", and have it in reality have the capacity to do something with the files.

Re: What is Seagate GoFlex Satellite Product Roadmap?

An item roadmap is an often ask for from the sales force and others in the team. "What's going in the following discharge and the ones when that?" Long purchasing cycles normal with strategic units frequently mean the purchasers should recognize what the item will hold when the cycle closures. A roadmap portions the specialties and stages for fate discharges over the upcoming months and years. An item roadmap uncovers your present arrangements but is not a duty.

UI would like to put more part in it for example quite similar to arranging a trip, a roadmap communicates in wide strokes what you set the groundwork to do. One ordinarily ideas a track for an excursion, but infrequently take after the track decisively. You might hear a report and update your track to detour the situation. You would be able to make corrections to the idea and still make it to your end of the line.

Ordinarily a roadmap holds discharge names and rough conveyance dates. Break the table into major features, effects on customer-side and server-side delivery, stage back, and businesses served. We frequently see this done in a table with dates opposite the top and item regions down the other side

Don’t have much to state concerning the "sandboxes" that iOS gadgets run in. In any case, I've pounded the Satellite without kindness at Amazon. Moreover the underlying level and Internet access situation, there are even out bugs: I've said a few here. Yet, the prevailing situation with this thing--and I've worn myself out attempting to get this crosswise over--is that the UI thought is defective at root, and I've reached the summation that the determination to furnish some frame of thoroughly robotized adjust is the defective root. It's absolutely impossible that, for individuals with loads of contents, programming can expertise they could take every available opportunity to arrange that matter. Case in point, I without a doubt try not to need 125 film addresses from an iTunes U course, spread out around my motion pictures, which is what I see in Videos see.

Seagate has wound up with foolish sees above the Folder View: My Satellite, Videos, Photos, Music, and Files. They are worthless. Obviously, the My Satellite is simply irritating. Acknowledge that, in the user manage, they head off so far as to tell us that, if we're not heading off to utilize the sync product, we might as well dump all our files into the drive's root directory.

Seagate should give up the thought of a completely programmed sync and re-thought this thing. Then we have implementation failures. Having the ability to utilize the same playback features in Folder View as in the alternate sees wasn't supposed to be an improvement in the destiny; it was incorporated in the user direct as good to go now! I've had both my Satellite and my iPad for as much as July 3. It's several months later and I still cannot play a collection from Folder View. All the more with motion pictures, I still think there's a situation with Bluetooth. Additionally, when I downloaded an iTunes motion picture from Satellite to the iPad, it wouldn't play.

Apple states of the application sandbox (iOS Application Programming Guide), "For security explanations, iOS confines every provision (incorporating its inclination and data) to a remarkable area in the directory framework. This limitation is part of the security emphasize regarded as the provision's sandbox. The utilization of an one of a kind area for every provision streamlines data space choices for the provision, auxiliary-and-restore operations, requisition updates, and uninstallation."

We need to keep the choice of a stand-apart from everyone else GoFlex Satellite network for on the head over, while permitting clients to unite existing networks so they don't need to change network settings when multi-tasking. The initial thought was that users could not multitask while viewing a film, but we are seeing more users that have large music and photograph gatherings past the limit of the tablet. So the thought seems to be balanced.

The one thing that is most exceptionally noteworthy to a ton of individuals here, incorporating me, is the situation with Folder View, in that assuming that you select different articles, there is no longer a "Play" button, so no strategy to play a collection in this way, and the "Audio Folder" is extremely messed to identify the files and select them. So some type of playlist usefulness, or Select > Play All within an folder could be excellent.

There are strategies to get just the sound going, and obviously you could probably play sound files away from anyone's notice, but in addition that, there's quite no multi-tasking, no doing a few things at the same time, just switching between things.