Thread: BlackArmor NAS 110 not visible in network in windows 7.

BlackArmor NAS 110 not visible in network in windows 7.

I have my machine running on Windows 7. And I can see my BlackArmor NAS 110, when you click on the map of the hotel in the center of networks and shared resources. However, it appears in the list when I double click the network icon as well. I can not open file access there. In addition, the client Discovery "BlackArmor Discovery.exe" does not see how I can fix it and make it appear in the network folder and be seen by the discovery tool?

Re: BlackArmor NAS 110 not visible in network in windows 7.

here i have did a little research with a packet capture. When the discovery application starts, the machine I'm on and after that we can see that

• It sends an SSDP M-SEARCH request multicast to 259.255.255.250 port 1900
    • The NAS ARP's a query to 255.255.255.255 to find the MAC of .206
    • The answer to the ARP is addressed back to the NAS (208) from the router.

All communication stops at that point. The NAS, even though it asked for and received the MAC of my machine, does nothing further.

Have you tried with rebooting again. If not then try to reboot your system now. This also occurs because you have not rebooted your system yet. Try with the reboot and if after this also this not works then reply back.

Well, definitely the firewall is a combination and place in it, because the wife of Windows 7 with Comodo NAS is well, and I disabled the firewall - bingo, NAS appears. But I've looked through all the filters and can not identify anything that looks like the culprit. Even a 'trusted' the
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxtor Blackarmor\ba_nas_discovery_thin_client\BlackArmor Discovery.exe"
    and even when no firewall enabled. But it is a fundamental incongruity and this is because the machine works fine with Comodo.

Fine, I tried with uninstalling Comodo and reinstalling it and after this I found that it working for me. Now the BlackArmor NAS 110 shows in network. Sure wish I knew what was being blocked that killed that, and why I could not 'see' the offending thing.

In your system, you are saying here that in your system BlackArmor NAS 110 is not showing up in the network manager list. So I am sure that your system is not able to recognize the BlackArmor NAS 110, for that you will need to get the drivers which are supported by the windows 7. This is because if you get the other drivers then this will again cause the same problem. So try to get the drivers for the windows 7 only. And this will realy help you, I am sure about this.