Thread: BlackArmor NAS 220 : not able to connect with domain.

BlackArmor NAS 220 : not able to connect with domain.

Before few days I have bought the new BlackArmor NAS 220 and after this when I am trying to connect this one to the domain at that time I am getting an error message over there and that is Failed to join domain. For that I have tried with the so many other solution but no one is working for me. And here I am sure that my administrator username and password is correct. And also I am sure that I have made the correct Domain name and Net bios name. anyone can help me in this cause?

Re: BlackArmor NAS 220 : not able to connect with domain.

Hey I guess that you are not able to join to the domain this is because of the any antivirus software or by the network threat protection. Is you are having this type of the facility then try to enable them and after this try to reconnect with your domain. Hope that this will really help you in your cause?

For that I will say you to check your DNS setting for the Network\LAN. And if there you find that you use DHCP and the DNS setting is not correct then you can also deselect the Obtain DNS server address automatically and then you can easily enter the DNS manually. I am not sure that this will help in your cause or not. But here I am suggesting you this because, I was also having this type of the problem and someone have suggested me this steps to resolve my problem.

I did all the manual setting in my system for connecting the BlackArmor NAS 220. But still get the same problem of not getting connected. Thanks for your reply. Any other suggestion in this cause?

The NAS server was trying to resolve DNS on the outside instead of internally, so it got our outside IP, and this meant it couldn't reach my internal domain. And in your cause the other problem is that bonehead one on your part. For that I think that you will need to placing the name of the DNS server in the Domain NetBios Name field instead of the name of the domain. And if there you will found that the domain name field is domainname.companyname.com, the Domain NetBios Name should be domain name. and there you will also need to enter the internal IP address of the local domain controller for the DNS server.

When I get this one to my home first time, at that time I was able to connect with the domain. But when I tried but no AD users could authenticate. For resolving this problem I have also contacted with the Seagate support and they suggested me to remove the NAS from the domain back to a workgroup and then try to rejoin the domain, which is when I started getting the error originally described in this thread.

For that I will suggest you to rechecked all of the network details which are as below:
    • Check setting the NAS admin password back to the default password
    • Try using DHCP - it picks up the correct information from DHCP. I've reset it to static IP.
    • double scheck to make sure the dat/time are correct (for kerberos)
    • restarted the device several times
    • try downloading the latest firmware now from the seagate site now and will see if that resolves the issue

Yes, the firmware upgrade completed. And after completing this I have tried with the reconnecting with the domain. But while connecting still I get the same error over there and that is Failed to join domain. Any other suggestion?

So, for resolving your problem I would suggest you to make sure that the Admin ID that you are using has full rights in observe to Joining and Working with Computer Objects. But in your casue the best will be to use the Actual Domain Admin ID. If you don't have access to this account, then work with your Domain Admin and have them do it for you.

I am sure that your device will join and create a new Computer Object. And when you get that your device Joined and the object has been created at that time you will need to run the
    Run Setspn.exe to create a HOST/devicename.your.domain.name" ServicePrincipalName for the NAS device itself. You can Search the Microsoft Technet site or Google SetSpn.EXE for examples of how SetSpn.exe
    And after running this, you will surely get connected with the domain.

hey dude, thanks for the steps for connect with domain, I tried with the all the steps over here and after that when I restarted the system at that time I found that I am now able to connect with the Domain.; I am very happy now because I can easily access the domain and also I would say here that I get the problem over here then I will reply back for the more suggestion in this cause.