Thread: Software of Seagate GoFlex Satellite’s needs improvement

Software of Seagate GoFlex Satellite’s needs improvement

Hey guys I did like the device but the only thing that is worth complaining is the web interface and its identical iOS app counterpart I did not like that at all, I think video streaming should be worked on more so that eventually we could get to see some awesome clarity for this, anyways what are your thoughts on this. I have spoken my mind over here and hence I would expect that you all would also react accordingly over here. That’s what I am expecting here. Do let me know about what you think about my suggestion.

Re: Software of Seagate GoFlex Satellite’s needs improvement

I think so you should share this topic with the Seagate people who have actually designed the devise so that they would think about the topic and accordingly make changes that’s what I think would be the best possible thing to do over here, so that’s what you should be doing over here.

The simple thing you can do is that download the latest firmware for your phone so that is what you should be doing over here. I hope you are understanding what I am saying here, the latest firmware version for the satellite device is the version 1.1.0.005a. I don’t know may be some latest version will also come but that’s the latest I know right now.

So it is always important to have a check about the latest firmware that has been hitting the market, so that you can have a check about the same, so that’s what I want to say here. I hoep you have got the necessary information on the same.

I am using 8player right now as an alternative for the streaming player since there are may formats that apple devices does not support and hence it is always important to keep an alternative for the same, so this is what I am saying here.

Even you can make sue of the 8player that I have suggested here and incorporate the necessary changes.

The biggest problem to the seagate satellite is the Mini DLNA that requires the scanning of the media files. It slows down that poor little hard disk to something not very usable . There's a hack out there at hack seagate satellite dot com. Fixes the problem and I can even join existing wireless network and also stream from my media player in my living room.

blush Re: Software of Seagate GoFlex Satellite’s needs improvement

I have upload 285 GB data (music, photos, movies) into this 500 GB satellite harddisk. But it has taken more than 8 hours still I am getting a msg "goflex satellite csb device is performing a system health check"

Boss, how more time it will take. Will it happen everytime? Can anybody in seagate respond this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hari.Thapliyal View Post
    I have upload 285 GB data (music, photos, movies) into this 500 GB satellite harddisk. But it has taken more than 8 hours still I am getting a msg "goflex satellite csb device is performing a system health check"

Boss, how more time it will take. Will it happen everytime? Can anybody in seagate respond this problem.
    How old is your hard drive? Is this happening for the first time or happened before as well? By uploading data, you mean you are copying from a server to the hard drive or directly from hdd to hdd? I would recommend getting Seagate SeaTools for Windows 1.2.0.8 to check for any hardware problems.

question Re: Software of Seagate GoFlex Satellite’s needs improvement

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    How old is your hard drive? Is this happening for the first time or happened before as well? By uploading data, you mean you are copying from a server to the hard drive or directly from hdd to hdd? I would recommend getting Seagate SeaTools for Windows 1.2.0.8 to check for any hardware problems.

First of all thank you so much friend for your support. Few hours back I got one email from seagate to register the complain for replacement. I have done the same. Lets us see how it goes. I am waiting for their next step action.

In the mean time ...... My hdd is around 2 years old. Since the time I purchased I am facing the same problem.

Yes, I copied data from my laptop HDD to seagate satellite hdd using USB cable.

Let me try this tool. I have run scandisk or norton scan also and there seems to be no problem.