Thread: Latest Firmware version for Seagate GoFlex Satellite?

Latest Firmware version for Seagate GoFlex Satellite?

Do anyone here have some idea of what is the exact location in which we can get the latest firmware for the Seagate GoFlex Satellite? Also tell me what is the updated version of the firmware I would be happy to hear it from you all on the same and hence do reply accordingly over here. I want to upgrade my GoFlex Satellite. So what firmware version should I go with? any idea about that then do reply on it I am waiting for the replies from you all.

Re: Latest Firmware version for Seagate GoFlex Satellite?

Quote Originally Posted by Am_Charlie View Post
    Do anyone here have some idea of what is the exact location in which we can get the latest firmware for the Seagate GoFlex Satellite? Also tell me what is the updated version of the firmware I would be happy to hear it from you all on the same and hence do reply accordingly over here. I want to upgrade my GoFlex Satellite. So what firmware version should I go with? any idea about that then do reply on it I am waiting for the replies from you all.
    The updated version that I know is version 1.1.0.005a, that’s what even I am using here, so if you want then you can visit the Seagate official page and get the firmware downloaded from there, so that is what you should be doing ultimately.

Now I have a query over here don’t know if it will sound true to you all but what I am saying is that I have got the latest firmware downloaded but I don’t understand there is no changes at all. The interface does looks same to me it looks to me as if it is the same interface, what changes did you all got to see over here, let me know about the same accordingly over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawannah View Post
    Now I have a query over here don’t know if it will sound true to you all but what I am saying is that I have got the latest firmware downloaded but I don’t understand there is no changes at all. The interface does looks same to me it looks to me as if it is the same interface, what changes did you all got to see over here, let me know about the same accordingly over here.
    Yes you are right the update has not got any changes at all. The folder icons are squished even I can’t get to see the album art as well. I don’t know what has this update done over here. I can’t get to see a single change over here. I thought that Seagate people would have thought of some changes for sure but that’s not happening at all.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the "jump" capability? And I can see the change in the multiple icons as well. Also I can see the edit icons as well. I have also read the instructions that are given in the firmware release notes but I couldn’t get anything from there that’s what the problem is. So if you all please help me locate where it is exactly then I can think about it accordingly.

The jump capability os not there and also the play icon In the folder have also been not there in the game. so I did not find this firmware any interesting at all. so I am waiting for the enxt update to come up as if when it will come up. That’s what the main question is. Seagate people are not going to give any information on it seems, so any of you all have any information on the updates of the device then do let me know about it as soon as possible. That’s what I want to say here.

You know what when I recently added the firmware that is version 1.1.0.005a as soon as it got installed it again asked me for the next update it is available and do you want it to update now I was really confused as if what the Seagate people are doing. I have just installed the new firmware and it they are saying that I need a firmware that is a utter nonsense I feel.