Thread: Seagate GoFlex Satellite: need Upload support.

Seagate GoFlex Satellite: need Upload support.

I am having this Seagate GoFlex Satellite and after using this, I can say that this is a great device. But here I am having some question related with that because when I am includes uploading files from iOS devices then it not provides the information for the support information. I am waiting for this one only because it supports this ability now, so I will take this one. I am telling this all things because I would like to download documents/images/audio/video and after this edit them and then uploading them back to the Satellite would definitely make this worth having

Re: Seagate GoFlex Satellite: need Upload support.

Yes, I can also say that this is really very good idea and if this will be down the road. This look like the great idea and a good first-run implementation, so that's probably something that developers will be looking at.

But I think that We need this now. This is because how can we expedite implementing an upload feature? Lacie Wireless Space has this feature with FTP and Kingstons Wi-Drive also has this as a basic feature. And I am saying this because of this is the simple feature should be on the top of the developers implementation list. But here I can say in this that my HD videos are playing great on this little Seagate Satellite.

Here can anyone tell me that can we get a Update on the status of that upload feature. If you can check somewhere about this that is there is any update is available for this or not? if its in development and should we wait for it before the end of the year. Yes, here I am sure that you might not have an answer for this off and but I'm sure a phone call could solve that issue. This is since community wants this characteristic we realize you wanted to beat your competitors to the market but this upload is needed even if its a FTP server script option. And I am posting over here in the hope that you guys can fix this ASAP priority 1 issue, before the modding community beats you guys to it.

In my opinion, I would like to say that I don't want to wait so I have been poking around a little bit and have noticed that you can carry out HTML files from inside the HDD so why can't we just make an alternate website. And this is till there si no read write protection via Wi-Fi.

For that I have checked on the Kingston Wi-Drive site and after checking over there I cant find any type of the indication that one could upload files to the Wi-Drive. So please tell me that are you aware of any editing apps that can get, modify, and put files back on the Wi-Drive? In addition, I would like to inform you all that I am having the Wi-Drive, which is of 32 GB.

Great feature. I am agree with suggesting them about this feature. But before this suggestion I have already bought this device in the hope that this will have this built in feature. So please let me know that when this will get this feature?

Upload feature is available. These guys hacked it and gave the SFTP feature as well as WebDAV. Check out their site at hack seagate satellite dot com. If its just to get SFTP and SSH, these guys provide it for free. I paid for their version 2 firmware because it has SMB support and also WebDAV Support. I can upload from my computer while surfing the net into the satellite since it also provides the satellite the capability of joining existing WPA network. Definitely worth to check it out.