Thread: Seagate GoFlex Satellite: 10 hrs standby or 25 hrs

Seagate GoFlex Satellite: 10 hrs standby or 25 hrs

Recently I have get the new Seagate GoFlex Satellite storage media to take my library with me. And in the user guide, there I see that they have listed that it give the 25 hrs standby but when I checked at the Getting Started guide, there I see that it is displaying the only 10 hrs standby. An after reading this both I get confused over here. When I used this storage media at that time I see that this is not going to be 25 hrs. so I cam here to know that is there is nayone who is having this media and if yes then please tell me that what standby you are getting over here.

Re: Seagate GoFlex Satellite: 10 hrs standby or 25 hrs

This is not giving you the standby up to 24 hrs, for that there would be the so many reasons for that. This will aso cause by the other apps which can drain the battery faster then normal. And if you are asking me here that what is the standby then I will say you that standby is when the wireless manager is in listening mode but the Hard drive platters are not spinning and only start rotating when a demand is made so the only battery that is being used is for the wireless controller.

Yes, I know the definition of the standby, but here I am asking about is there anyone else who are facing this type of the problem and iif yes, then does anyone know that how to make sure about the standby battery mode. I know that when I drive is powered up and not used for 5 minutes at this time the dick stops but will spin up again if I join the network. An after this if I leave the networks then it will again stops in the next 5 minutes. But I not get the suggestion to get resolve the problem over here.

Here I am having test to confirm that this is having the 10hr or 25hr standby time: and the test is as:
    • If you can see that the battery LED is green on standby, it may turn to red immediately after rejoining the network. And when I see green after the 10 or 12 hrs of standby, I will feel happy about that. But if I went on the network and the LED turned red. What to do at that time?
    • In the 2nd test, I tried to narrow down the time on standby where the switch from green to red (when rejoining the network) would take place. At 6.5 hrs (and a couple of times earlier), I went on the network momentarily and the LED remained green. However, at 9hrs, it switched to red when I rejoined the network

Recently I have bought the new Logitech bluetooth receiver before few days and here I am getting some problem related the Satellite. It was working to good before I used this one with the satellite, I don’t know t hat why this problem is related with the satellite only. And here I think that the problem is not consistence with the Satellite. Any suggestion in this cause? Reply me back if you are also searching for the same thread or you are also using the Logitech bluetooth receiver.

Here please let me make sure about this. For that reason, I would request you to lug the GF Satellite into the wall AC outlet and leave it charging all night. This will help me to make sure that the battery is having the 100% charging and this will be fine for the testing the battery life.

I am also having one question related with this Seagate GoFlex Satellite, and the question is that, what happens if I put it in the charging for more than 10 hours? I am asking this because, some where I read that it will get full charge after the 4 hours and after reading this I get this question because I think now that this will be cause the Seagate GoFlex Satellite to get damage if I put this to ore charge? I have never seen a amber light during free either, mine goes from green to red on the latest firmware.

Ok, I understand what you are telling here to me. I am now decided that if it turns red again immediately after it was at 100%, then there will be some fault related with the battery and for that reason, I will try to replace the battery because it was faulty one. I am right over here. What you will say me here about this?

Friends, thanks you all for suggesting me about the Seagate GoFlex Satellite standby battery life. Before that I was very confused about this, because in the user manual there it shows that it is having the battery life of 24 hrs but when I on this at that time I found that this is showing the standby battery life as 10 hrs only. Thanks for suggesting me about this.