Thread: Touch sensitive bar broken on HP pavilion dv8

Touch sensitive bar broken on HP pavilion dv8

I purchase this HP pavilion dv8 laptop and now there is some problem arrives on the top of this laptop. The Touch sensitive bar has been contains several buttons that works to perform different task. now the problem is that final two keys on this touch bar are behaving as if they are being used when they are not. Hence I mentioned that the bar has been broken. I need the best step by step process to fix this issue. Thanks for any help.

re: Touch sensitive bar broken on HP pavilion dv8

I also faced the similar problem and that time I read so many solutions of this problem. there is one simple solution present on it. the solution is as fingers along the entire bar. This is an solution that will be help to solve it but this works only infrequently on this system.

I also use the same laptop and the top bar you mentioned is holds film type buttons like play/stop/eject/fastforwd etc. the similar situations happen in my laptop. I’ve been running my pavilion dv8 for about 2 hrs with processing load at about 50% CPU. I will do the same process but it can’t work in my situations. To disable the Bass & Trebble touch buttons, was helpful in my case. I use the process that works to disable this buttons. Then you can also try this way out and make sure that this helps on your case or not.

For solving this problem you need to go to Control Panel-> Power Options->Advanced Power Settings. Then try for "On battery" if you think you needs it. The Modereate Power Savings options on it solve this problem. This will be help to you for fixing your problem.

You can also try to disable "HP Tone Control" in msconfig from launching during startup. The power settings menu of the windows system gives these options. This is also the other options that work to fix your complicated problem. Try this and see what happen onto it.

When I upgraded Realtek from Windows update optional patch. After doing this process my wifi appear to stop turning on and off. Then this is the process that works to fix such complicated issue. You need to try this process and locate the result after that. wifi turning off in that situations works to fix this touch sensitivity bar works to solve broken problem.

For temporary point of view you need to tried Kalt's power settings and cleaning the touch bar and it helped, but it did not completed fix the issue. This will be works to solve this problem on your laptop.

Disable Windows ASPM (Active State Power Management) for PCI Express also helpful in this case. The PCI Express ---> Link State Power Management -> Plugged in gives this option. Then try this and locate the result behind this issue. This is the option helps to solve your difficult problem. The Modereate Power Savings option also works to fix this issue.

For more information you need to contact the official site expert. Then try to get a more knowledge about this issue. Manufacture of this laptop also work to provide you the best guidance about this issue. The manual of this laptop also work to fix your trouble. This is in my opinion our best shot until some other solution comes our way.