Thread: Connection dropping of Seagate freeAgent GoFlex Desk with MAC OS X

Connection dropping of Seagate freeAgent GoFlex Desk with MAC OS X

I get an error that says the disc will not eject appropriately and the desktop Go Flex available units disappears, and then reappears. I'm at present using two of these units. GO 2 TB USB flex using the database / connection. I had no troubles, format it for OSX, which they use for time machine. This is fine.

Re: Connection dropping of Seagate freeAgent GoFlex Desk with MAC OS X

I think if you read this forum and others you will find that many people report the same Troubless, and I have yet to find a permanent solution. My drive is about to return to Seagate if a solution is not very soon. Seagate is not a dream cancellation utility that can be downloaded, and Apple solution called Keep the pan periodically pings the unit to keep him awake. Neither seems to have solved the Troubles for me. I have several disks connected to the same computer that does not have the same Troubles, but the 2TB Go Flex information appears to have specific Troubless staying connected.

Try using the instrument panel (I'm assuming there is a version for Mac) to change the power setting of the unit. I had some Troubless in Windows (warnings in the event log, restart Troubless) which resolved to change the power settings to "Never" (to enter power saving mode)

That function Seagate utility annulment of sleep, and there seems to fix the underlying trouble.

GoFlex Free Agent Desk When I went to observe, the price was so awesome, I bought two. I came home, connected to the two (direct USB on your computer) to reformat the two . I set as a unit of time backup of the machine and moved my iTunes library to another drive to free up space on my internal disk.

Since then, the Time Machine drive has been periodically, and apparently randomly, to expel from himself and then plug yourself back in. I've been getting the "The disk was not ejected properly ..." notice on the screen but not doing anything, the icon shows back up on the desktop, at first with the orange icon on the USB drive, then after a few seconds, changes to the Time Machine icon

As I mentioned in my post, I tried to run the application from Apple called continue turning the unit and that does not solve the Troubles. Simply I cannot understand why this Troubles affects this particular unit and not others, and why Seagate cannot seem to reach a viable solution, as do other units that do not have the same Troubless. There should be a priority much more.

Well, not a solution for me. The software is related to the original software that comes with the diagnostic record, which is the first thing I tried. Not solved for me at all.