Thread: Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb is not detected and LED is blinking

Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb is not detected and LED is blinking

From last few months I am using Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive and it was working fine with my computer but suddenly its has stopped working and my computer does not recognize the hard disk. when I connect the hard drive with my computer at that time LED blinks properly which shows drive is getting power.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb is not detected and LED is blinking

I have gone through your matter and I will first suggest you to check that when you connect your Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive with your computer at that time you get the sound of drive spinning if you are not getting the sound then I think problem is with your Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive.

If you are getting the sound from your Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive but your computer is not detecting the hard drive then you should first open the Disk management window by doing right click on the My computer icon and after that you have to select the manage option. After that you have to check whether you are able to see the hard drive thee rot not. if you are not able to see your Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive listed In disk management then I will suggest you to disconnect the Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive from the USB port and after that you have to connect the Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive with different USB port and afetr connecting the Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive with different USB port you have to check whether same problem is coming or not. I think after connecting the Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drivewith different USB port your problem will get solved.

According to me you should try this solution to fix this problem. First you have open the device manager in your computer and after that you have to check whether Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive is lists there or not. if it is there then you have to right click on that and then you have to click on the update the drivers and after that check what the result is.

Connect your Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive with different computer and after that you have to check whether you getting the same problem or not. if it hard drive worked fine with other machine then problem is with your computer only.

I was also facing the similar problem with my hard drive and after that I have noticed that my antivirus was not blocking the connection and I have first disabled the antivirus software and after disabling the antivirus software I I have disconnected the hard drive and then I have connect it again at that time it worked fine.

I think you should also try to solve this problem by disabling the antivirus software in your computer and then your problem might get solved.

I have checked Antivirus software in my computer and it is not blocking connection and I have also tried to solve this issue by connecting my hard drive with other computer also but it is giving me same issue with other computer also.

if anyone have solution regarding this then please let me know.

Here is the few things which you can try to solve this issue.

Try different USB cable to connect your Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive with your computer and then check what the situation is.

You should also try to connect your Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive through USB hub many times USB hub also helps to solve this type of issues.

if none of the above tricks help you to get rid of this issue then you have download the Microsoft's UVCView utility from the internet and after that you have to run this utility and then it will show the status of the all USB ports.
    after that when you plug your hard drive then you will be able to check whether computer can see the hard drive or not.

To download the Microsoft's UVCView utility you have to click here and DOWNLOAD. Now after downloading this you have to run it in your system and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

if above solution does not make any difference then you have to email your problem to Seagate support or you should send your Seagate freeagent desk 1.5tb hard drive to Seagate service center and after that they will help you to fix this issue.