Thread: PC audio is not working with the Samsung LCD TV

PC audio is not working with the Samsung LCD TV

I am having a Samsung LCD TV and I have tired with that with my friends PC, and I found that all things are working very well, even the PC a audio was also working very fine. And then we can easily get the audio from the PS and we can play6 that through the television. The connectio0n which I am suing is DVI cable from the graphic card of the PC to the TVs DVI/HDMI1 connector for video. But here I have one problem related with that and the problem is that when I get connected with the DVI/HDMI1 on the TV, I see that there is only video, no any audio is coming from the system. And before this it was working so fine because of the we are using 3.5mm to RCA converter cable from his audio card output to his DVI/HDMI audio in the port. So I came here to know that is there is any other type of the connector which provides me with some work around option. If here anyone having any idea related with that then please suggests me about that.

Re: PC audio is not working with the Samsung LCD TV

Ok, I think that this is not very hard, and let me tell you t6hat DVI doesn't carry audio, that’s why you are getting the audio problem with your Samsung TV. For that reason I think that you must find the other way to play the Audio. I can suggest you in this cause but here you have specified the proper model number for that is cant say here anything because I have no information about video on HDMI jack .

Yes, why not. I am having 46" Samsung LN46B750 LCD TV. Sorry for that, actual I have forgetter to mention that thing while making the post. And also here I would like to say you something about the connection which is as, I am having HDMI port co0nnected with the stereo 3.5mm to RCA cable in between the PC sound card and DVI Audio. But here still I am not getting any type of the problem over here. Si please suggest me if you are having any good suggestion about the connector for the audio output. Here I also think that this thing is happening to me because my graphic card is messing up this all things.

I think that this is not related with the DVI, because DVI have no audio capability. That’s why this is not the factor over in this cause. For that I will suggest you to check that all things are working so good, and also check that your cable is working so good.

I am here to tell you that I have decided to test something with plugging in this. and I will plug this thing to the red and white ports while the HDMI is turned on as you are saying to me. And here I am sure now that it will re ally help in this cause. If after that I will get any problem then I will report here back for this.

According to your suggestion is have also tested the things and for that I have plugged my Cable boxes audio cables into the port, and there I found the same thing over here. Still having the same problem over there. I am also not having any audio from the DVI audio port. Any other idea in this cause. And also thanks for suggesting me for checking that.

I was also searching of there same problem and some where I found that this is caused by the video card because it is outputting a false audio signal. And here I can say that this thing is making television ignore the audio signal from the input of 3.5 mm. supposedly updated drivers for your video card may be available to cure the problem. even better would be if Samsung is always a way to tell the TV to the audio signal to use. I get random clicks, which reinforces my acceptance of the idea that the video card is issuing false audio signals.

I also getting this type of the problem with my Samsung Plasma HDTV model PN58B850, and here in my cause it was also no working fine. And in my cause I am using this with my laptop. And the connection are:-
    • 1) HDMI/DVI cable between laptop and TV input HDMI1/DVI
    • 2) 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Male audio cable connected between laptop headphone/line out jack and TV 3.5mm PC/DVI AUDIO IN jack.
    • 3) Source on TV set to HDMI1/DVI "----" (without inverted commas)

After spending an hour on the phone with Samsung Support, the sound issue was finally settled in my edition of the name of the input on my HDTV Samsung HDMI1/DVI as follows:

• Before editing: HDMI1/DVI "----" (without quotes)
    • After editing: HDMI1/DVI "PC DVI" (without quotes)

I was also having this type of the problem and here I have suggestion for your problem. And here in my cause I ma using the VGA cable and I see that all things are working some fine in my cause. So here I would like to suggest you some suggestion, and which are as:-
    Put a song, play it on loop, so it is in repetition,
    pass through the entries and see what the audio playback. To see whether the video say number 7 has the option for the HDMI connector. If not, then most likely is not compatible with the connection you are trying to use. My Samsung only supports 3.5mm input for use with the VGA connection.

I tried using the DisplayPort to connect to a ue405520 using DisplayPort to HDMI converter. I have 2 drives, one allows the sound is transmitted through the HDMI, but this does not work on my Mac , and the other not. However, the converter that allows the sound makes the audio down, the other converter works well. And here I think that it will help in your cause.

I was also having this type of the issues and I get resolved this by using the following steps. For that I also uses the VGA cable and the same audio input and after that I can see that all this g are working very correctly with my system. For resolving the problem steps are:-
    • Play the song and set it to play again and again.
    • And then check with the inputs and there make sure that which one is playing the audio.
    • See if that number say video 7 has the option for the HDMI connector.
    • If it doesn’t, then odds are it does not support the connection in which you are trying to use.

And with my Samsung only supports the 3.5mm input to be used with the VGA connection,