Thread: Corsair HX850W is not working properly

Corsair HX850W is not working properly

I was a very happy user Corsair while I was happy with my game strong GPU (lack of power of the old power supply was the reason to buy a Corsair one) when on a lazy weekend I decided to take the PC the TV room and play on a 47 "screen. The trouble is: the PC is not on. At least at first. Sometime going on. Meanwhile, I have been tested for a clip and the power supply was not working!

So, I played all day Saturday and today, move the PC back to my room, the power supply is not able to feed more, again! The PC was just before. I hope it works again after a while .Therefore, it is an expected behavior? As a protective function against the problems caused by changes in the power supply for wall outlet to another, or something?

Re: Corsair HX850W is not working properly

This does not sound normal. Is the power cord exit 10A mean. Even if you have a protective function to switch to a wall socket to another automatically if it senses and change it.

I do not think there is any trouble with the power supply as the power supply is functioning well after a while. But for a time (1h + -) that was not even proof of a clip.

Indeed, the power (and the whole team) is working very well in my bedroom. And to make sure nobody misses this, he worked in the TV room and, after an hour since I tried to turn it on.

the protection function does not turn only to change a wall outlet to another. Only show if there is a fault or short circuit.

Even when going from 120 to 240 V, this will not occur. The power supplies are changing the car and handle this without troubles. As for the power cord is .Come on. He came to power, it will be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameli View Post
    the protection function does not turn only to change a wall outlet to another. Only show if there is a fault or short circuit.

Even when going from 120 to 240 V, this will not occur. The power supplies are changing the car and handle this without troubles. As for the power cord is .Come on. He came to power, it will be correct.
    If you failed the test clip i would return it to your dealer or RMA it. You can also check the connection where the cable plugs into the back of the power supply. If I cannot start, give it a shake and see if it does not get the PS to start.

It happened on a weekend when I moved from PC to the TV room worked perfectly, but when it moves back to the room, this was the same: only was able to turn on the PC after an hour or well.

Weirdest thing is: there is a period of time that the PSU will not even proof of a clip, but then after a time, returns from the dead working fine!

I'll try to play w / o the hassle of having to move. I guess I'll go back for resale; there is no opportunity of RMA since I'm from uk