Thread: Need information on PSU voltage fluctuations

Need information on PSU voltage fluctuations

I have been trying to locate the cause of common video artifacts that I observe when I play. My card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 570. Things are very well for a couple of days after a cold start, nevertheless eventually begin introducing artifacts in the games to the point that I cannot examine the screen, and in conclusion I have to turn off, turn off the power, then , establish my PC. After doing that things are very well for another couple of days, nevertheless then repeat the cycle.

So I've been working with the manufacturer of my video card to locate the trouble. I tried all the standard things (memtest86 +, encode times RAM in BIOS, replace the card, the burden of fresh video drivers several times, plus tons of other things). Now I imagine it can be my power supply.

Re: Need information on PSU voltage fluctuations

Even at 5% variance is not drop below 12V. I do not see that would be a trouble. This in no way indicates a faulty power supply. If you fell about 11.4 i could see it. But not to 12V

According to expert opinions power supply I've seen, most PC power supplies meet the + / - 5% of the ATX specification. That is, while tested at their maximum rated power at 12V rail, and while the other tracks that is loaded at an appropriate level. High quality, high power, or "High End" supple power can keep regulation 12V 2% - 3%, and some are capable of regulating 12V 1%. That is at its maximum power, 12 V The time frame to hold that the regulation is unknown to me, but I doubt that the evidence be kept for several days.

I do not be acquainted with how precise it actually is. I've used it on numerous computers with dissimilar power supplies (PS). This update of the program is to demonstrate each two seconds. Some EPs have chance fluctuations, as small as 0. 2V, with the computer to snooze. These fluctuations occur continually in the update period of two seconds of the program. Others are much more steady and only changes when a heavy load, or infrequently at idle.

My new-fangled X-series S_Sonic PS, which is one of its major models in the line, varies from time to time between the two voltages on the 12V rail at idle. The dissimilarity in voltage is 0.056V according to this program. Your AX1200 is the same kind of SPA as this unit. What is better quality than these units? No, these are the best models that exist.

The requirement for PS never fluctuate 0.05V is ridiculous. Taking into account the entire energy supply system from the power company to house wiring to a power supply and the PC, how is that possible? What length of bath voltage 0.05V will make this video card to become unstable? If a team has been running for days, how does a reboot of the PC upgrade the PS or give it a rest? A game can be stopped for several minutes, giving the PS actually a break. If you did this, are still artifacts?

0.05 V fluctuations cannot be given a PS problem; otherwise we all have bad EPs. IMO, the video card company is looking for excuses. Has anyone seen one of the PS, whose voltages do not change over time? The first time you bought expensive EPs, I was impressed by the stability of the tensions were, and are very stable, nevertheless that never changes by 0.05 V is difficult to deal with

I thought the + 05V requirements were too strict. I've never had to deal with "jitter" problems though. If someone could tell what their movements are normal for your 12v it would be useful for comparison. My 12v ranges from 12.096va 12.000v, and hit the different values between the two extremes. Seems a bit random, but mostly during the game that is going down.

I hope that is not reduced to a war between the manufacturer of the video card and Support Corsair. I doubt you want to replace the Corsair because of a fluctuation AX1200 v 0.1!

Power ranges up to 11.89 and has never had a trouble with the video or anything else of that fact. And that's with my 7 I-920 OC'd to 4.3 GHz. If dipping below 12v i possibly will perceive it. The same goes for my 3.3v. It will drop to 3.1 times and has not caused any troubles. The manufacturer of your video card simply replaces the card and get over it

Finally 12v test with a millimeter and the current readings are 12.32-12.33v for the CPU and GPU stress test. The software for the 12,000-12.096v monitor showed the same time, so obviously monitoring software cannot be trusted.

This shows that my power supply is not changing over as I consider at v 0.05

The ATX specification for power provisions is 5% of variation in the 12V rail, plus the most excellent units there know how to be concerning 1%, nevertheless are uncommon. One percent of 12 are 0.12, so it is 0.05V a smaller amount than partially of one percent. If changes in 0.05V 12V rail PS point to troubles, then each PC power supply in the world has troubles.

Voltage regulation of video cards themselves are faced with any change if the voltage is constant is needed.