Thread: Have anyone tried with DIY eGPU?

Have anyone tried with DIY eGPU?

I love to play the game and for that reason only I was looking for the gamming laptop. And after so many searches I came to know that they are REALLY expensive to get a good graphic card in them. Yesterday I heard about the DIY eGPU graphic card and this is first time when I heard about this type of the graphic card. So can you please suggest me that is there anyone used this DIY eGPU card? If so then please suggest me about this.

Re: Have anyone tried with DIY eGPU?

Yes, I heard about this at least 2 years ago before and that time it was a moderately useful idea. And after few days of releasing this card the hardcore laptop users chimed in and try it down based on the fact that it was not as handy as the laptop. And I also think that playing the game with the Carrying laptop is ok, but carrying another bag/box for an eGPU really adds to the clutter factor.

Here I would like to say that ExpressCard uses a PCIe x1 + USB 2.0, while ExpressCard 2.0 uses PCIe 2.0 x1 + USB 2.0 and/or 3.0. or the other way will be that you are very bandwidth limited. And also be sure that AMD/ATI and Nvidia have proposed their own external notebook graphics solutions.

I also think that the idea will be good to try with this new type of the Card. And also I don’t think that anyone really thought lugging it around would be a great idea. I can say that with this card you can do your all office works and also you can enjoy to play your favorites games after coming to your home. And according to me so many laptops are there who actually spend the majority of their time sitting at a desk never moving. So for that reason I think that there will be need for some standard and bandwidth sufficient interface to become common before these things can even take off as a successful niche product.

Hi all, thanks for suggesting me about the DIY eGPU. Now I came to know something useful for me with related with the DIY eGPU. Can anyone suggest me that can I use this one? Or it will cause any problem while using this?

DIY eGPU graphic card is looks like totally new for me also. I also heard about this recently, so I came here to take the suggestion that can I use it in my laptop? Please suggest me also for that. but here let me tell you something that i love to play the games. so can i use this graphic card and will it help me to provide the good graphic features while playing the so many games?