Thread: Dark Power Pro P9 Modular or OCZ ZX Series 1000W PSU

Dark Power Pro P9 Modular or OCZ ZX Series 1000W PSU

From the past one year I have never purchased any PSU. Now I came to point where I need Highly Recommended/ Extreme Performance. For that I need a good PSU. I think that the 850W would be quiet. There are more than choices and so it is hard to choose. My point is now toward 2 silent PSUs. In that the first one is Dark Power Pro P9 Modular ATX2.3 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply and the second one is OCZ ZX Series 1000W PSU. Which one do you recommend now?

Re: Dark Power Pro P9 Modular or OCZ ZX Series 1000W PSU

The ZX series is part of the maximum-performance series from OCZ is designed according to a high power output. More focus was on developing a high efficiency, a low cooling and cable management. It is therefore an upper-class power supply for high-end implementation. What is under the hood of these 1000-watt concealed cars must not hide. Gigantic 83 amperes and the entire performance can be made solely on the 12-volt single-rail available. The reserves of power giants are so extreme and offer themselves for most complex multi-VGA and overclocking systems, sufficient leeway.

For the top models in the form of Dark Power Pro Series 80 Plus Gold missed the requirements just why the P8 models were classified only with silver. Certainly also plays an important role in psychology, because gold is much more associated with the tip in combination. With some minor improvements will be quiet now before the follow-P9 series, which has a higher efficiency (> 90 percent) and was awarded 80 Plus Gold. Apart from the structural features are largely remained - including the quiet fan silent wings, the innovative overclocking key and handy cable management.

In my opnion the Dark Power Pro is the most advanced power in the market, ideal for those who have high expectations for themselves and for their team during their professional work or play in extreme situations. If you want to redefine their limits, start with Dark Power PRO, with superlative power and efficiency that come from the heart of Bequiet!.

I know that the Dark Power Pr is the most advanced one and quitest but it is not meant for Game enthusiast. For gamers the OCZ ZX is the best option. The ZX series is the unmatched explanation meant for driving today's fan as well as gaming systems. It has the capability to effortlessly together NVIDIA SLI as well as ATI CrossFire mode, supporting even the nearly all power-hungry GPU setups with numerous GPUs. Industrial-grade up till now intended for enthusiasts, gamers along with modders in mind, this PSU is steady, healthy, and has a shiny and solid form factor of its category.

On the ZX Series, modularity is required and the term 100% modular take full extent when you discover the impressive packaging connectors provided. The program on this model 850W: 4 PCI-Express cables, S-ATA 12 and 9 Molex, come see what the cable and optimize management of your case.

The ZX series of power supplies is the spearhead of the OCZ production, to meet the needs of even the most demanding systems in terms of power. On the other hand the Dark Power Pro is the meant for silent performance. So it would be your choice to choose the PSU according to your needs, whether you want more power or quietness.