Thread: Four finger swipe not working on magic trackpad using OS X Lion

Four finger swipe not working on magic trackpad using OS X Lion

It seems to me that I having some kind of big or may be a strange problem with the Trackpad. I have tried most of things in order to resolve this issue. I have tried several trackpad settings in different way. Unpaired as well as re-paired the trackpad, rebooted, tried numerous finger sets, spreads as well as speeds. The 3 fingers swipe except 4 fingers offers me zero. Currently I own MacPro dual Zeon 3Ghz, 8MB RAM. Can anyone give a solution?

Re: Four finger swipe not working on magic trackpad using OS X Lion

The large surface area and the slope of the trackpad are pleasant. It resists a lot per click, however, and may be preferred to activate the first option: "touch to click." Disadvantage against the clicking sounds when you ask your finger on the surface. The 2-finger scroll and right click by placing two fingers are very easily. Actions 3 and 4 fingers on the other hand are less common and no gestures to switch from one space to another... Finally, to move from one application to another (equivalent to Apple-tab) must:
    • Brush the trackpad with four fingers
    • Drag again to put the icon highlighted
    • Touch to activate the application

After poking around and playing with several mice in the store drew our attention to the magic of Apple Trackpad. Turn on Bluetooth and the preference of the system of the Mac, move a bit with your fingers on the Trackpad and within two minutes or less, the device is detected and you can use it. You can set how fast you swipe the track and want to use. You advance the possibility of setting up four fingers with a finger.

To make everything work on your Mac you should download a free software that will act as a server and connect the computer to the iPad is the same WiFi network. The application once started you will immediately associate with your Mac, then you're ready to use it. The display of a graphical interface iPad will resume gray satin finish of the Trackpad Magic. Leveraging the Multi-Touch iPad can also use all the gestures are compatible with the Mac, such as the swipe four fingers down to activate Exposé.

To associate the trackpad on the computer, simply run the preference pane "trackpad" click on "Detect a Bluetooth trackpad", and turn on the trackpad itself. If the panel trackpad is not available, as was the case on my iMac yet updated in Snow Leopard, install the update Mighty Multi-Touch trackpad and then restart.

I think it's a great pity if Apple does not manage to do this consistently, especially since the Magic trackpad is so in principle to four-finger gestures in the situation.

The Trackpad Magic has the ability to define the orientation can be detected by five finger clicking with your thumb to determine whether the trackpad normally used or vice versa. By default, this automatic detection off, but you can activate it using the OS X Terminal command below:

Code:
      sudo defaults write com.apple.MultitouchSupport ForceAutoOrientation YES
    Since the system adaptation is your NetID to authenticate using an administrator account. The automatic detection is only active after a restart of your Mac. Place after the restart the Trackpad Magic in the desired position, put five fingers on the trackpad and activate the 'mechanical' click. Automatically becomes the orientation of the Trackpad Magic altered, it can change again at any time.

The software jitouch in version 2.31 beta allows for example to open links in new tab with a click or three fingers, to move from one tab to another, leaving a finger on the touchpad and support with another finger right or left, to reduce the window by typing successively with four fingers, etc.. The software is fully configurable and allows for example to launch applications by drawing a letter.

Sounds like your Dock not quite functioning properly. Nearly everything you mention is because by Dock.app regulated. Does the problem for another user? If not try deleting the file com.apple.dock.plist in ~ / Library / Preferences. You will have to reset all preferences Dock. The three-finger swipe is something that I think is not controlled by Dock.app so I have not really directly a theory. I assume your Mac mini Mac OS X v10.6.4 just the Install DVD has standing? Can be found on the DVD itself.

You get used to the mouse quickly. After two days with the trackpad, I will definitely have no more mouse, the trackpad goes with everything faster by hand. The initial conversion period will pass quickly and you can delight in plenty of space for multitouch gestures (four-finger gestures to make a Magic Mouse just does not make sense much less fun). So if you not heard of those people who always have to bring their laptops for a mouse, I can recommend you the trackpad anyway. To play it is of course limited to only recommend, and is also quite possible