Thread: Installed update is not recognized by the HP Printer Software Update

Installed update is not recognized by the HP Printer Software Update

I have recently purchased a mac system. I also have an HP Deskjet 3050 - J610a printer with me. I have recently heard that apple has released HP printer software update version 2.7. So I have decided to download it. But when I clicked the software update, I was said that I had no new software to install. I tried plugging in my printer and checked and I found that hp printer software update was listed to download. Then I managed to download and install it but when I go for check updates, it lists the software update as if I never have installed it. In system preferences history it is seen that I have installed it. I don’t know what is happening? Please help.

Re: Installed update is not recognized by the HP Printer Software Update

I have faced the similar problem with me some days back. I was very much annoyed. I tried many ways to resolve it; finally I got it resolved by doing this. I would suggest you also to try this out. I will say that try to remove HD/Library/Printers/hp/Frameworks/HPSmartX.framework directory and then try to install the update using the software update. I am sure that this will help. If it doesn’t then I would like to hear from you again so that I can give you some other solution to resolve the query.

I accept had that mentioned HP issue listed in Software Update. I downloaded and installed it and it said it installed successfully. Again I noticed that every time afterwards that I analysis Software, it has that software is listed and I download it every time and all time it says it installed successfully. Why isn't it removing itself from Software Update. I assume if you installed an adapted and it backward installed again it would no best appearance in Software Update. I am abashed to attending at Software Amend to see if new updates are accessible back it ability say that it installed successfully, but accumulate assuming in Software Update.

I would say that the version 2.7 is old version of mac 10.6 but not for the mac 10.7 lion. i would say that better install the latest driver for mac lion version12.13.17. I assume that this update is showing because you have updated the mac from 10.6 to 10.7

I would suggest you follow the steps that I have mentioned below.
    • Make sure the printer is turned on and connected at all times.
    • Delete the printer from your Mac via System Preferences --> Print & Scan.
    • Run HP Uninstaller and hold control, option, and command then click on Uninstall and click yes uninstall all HP software.
    • Download and install the latest software and driver from hp.com, version 12.13.17.
    • Open Software Update and install HP Printer Software Update, version 2.7, 22.9 MB.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Check Software Update again. This time, install HP Printer Software Update, version 2.7, 5.8 MB.
    • Restart the computer.

As far as you have mentioned the details in the query, I suppose that there is no issue with your hp printer. I think the problem is related to the system or with the software installer. I would say that there could be some virus issue. Scan your system with an antivirus. If you don’t have it then try to download it from the internet for free. You can try out Norton or avg.