Thread: Bluetooth Audio not working in OS X Lion

Bluetooth Audio not working in OS X Lion

Hi, I have recently installed OS X Lion in my machine and after that I am having numerous problems with it as whenever I connect my headphone with the machine I keep getting a Bluetooth audio error. Audio is from time to time output as mono, volume controls do not work for the line out and many more problems with it.

Any suggestion would be appreciated for resolving this.

Thanks.

Re: Bluetooth Audio not working in OS X Lion

See there could be so many problems with this kind of problems thus I would say you should try to test all of them.

The very first thing that make such a problem is like whenever we make multiple connection point to the machine then also OS won’t recognize the headphone.

Thus according to me before connecting for the first time you should try to delete all such connection which is made and not even going to use ever rather the best option would be to delete all the connection from the machine and then make a new connection and then try to connect your headphone through that.

- I was also having same problem, but as I didn’t get any solution for the same so I completely clean install the same OS in the machine. thus I would recommend you the same thing.

I am agree with the above user but still before that as well I would like to recommend you that you should try to follow below mentioned steps, as they are much faster than a clean install.

1- Ensure you have Bluetooth built in and the machine has batteries installed. If you are not sure if you have Bluetooth then go to “System Preferences” beneath the Apple Logo and verify if you have a Bluetooth Preferences Pane. If not then you may not have Bluetooth or it may be not present due to a Power Management problem. If you believe you should have Bluetooth and it is not listed or if you are sure you do have Bluetooth or have been using Bluetooth all along and your batteries are new then go on to the subsequent step.

2- Be sure it is not an problem with other “new”, “old” USB devices, thus Unplug all USB devices and restart.

3- Restore your disk permissions. Go to Applications/ Utilities / and double click the Disk Utility application. Once open choose your start up disk and carry out the Repair Permissions. And off course rebooting the computer is necessary.

According to me there could be some problem with pairing the device and that’s why you are not getting It connected, thus delete the preferences file for Bluetooth.

And that you’ll find either in the main Library folder or the Users Library folder.
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth or ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Once removed reboot the computer.

I would say you should try to reinstall the software that you are using for Bluetooth connection, because there might be some problem with that software only, and at that time finding an solution is not the solution and reinstallation would be best option for sure.

have you tried to connect you headset with any other device? if not then you should try to connect it and make sure whether they are working or not because it might be possible that there is some problem with the headset only.

You can get a replacement as well if there is some problem with the headset.

I have same opinion as the above user as you should try to reinstall the ITunes first because that’s the only software that makes error while connecting Bluetooth audio device.

And if suppose you are still getting same problem then you can simply go ahead with clean install the windows again.

I would say there is some problem with the headset only, because I have tried all the thing expect connecting it with another machine, but after doing that I came to know that there is some problem with the headset.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.