Thread: Unable to connect magic mouse after lion upgrade

Unable to connect magic mouse after lion upgrade

Hi, I have purchased a magic mouse from the apple store and it was working perfectly before I updated my operating system. and this is very immersive problem I am having because I have tried all the possible known thing to me in order to get it work however.

Actually the thing was like my Magic Mouse has for all time reconnected faultlessly to my machine after booting, but subsequent to advancing to Lion, it decline to re-pair after booting or waking. In Bluetooth preference, every couple of seconds this will flash green and show "Connected" and after that only for a half second and then it's back to "Not Connected".

Don’t know what could be the problem, but please help me with this.

Re: Unable to connect magic mouse after lion upgrade

See as far as Bluetooth device is concern there could be so many possibilities that can cause this problem with the mouse, I mean to say there could be some problem with either software or hardware that you own.

Whenever we try to connect any Bluetooth device, there are list of .plist file that associate with with the machine, thus I think there could be some problem those files only and they belongs to the drivers part, thus make sure they are working or not.

And this files actually situated at ~/Library/Preferences and also HD/Library/Preferences, thus make sure all the files are there or not.

I am agree with the above user as you should first make sure whether files are there or not, but along with that you should also make sure whether the Bluetooth driver that you must have to have, thus make sure after updating the operating system you have installed the necessary drivers to your machine and then see what happens.

I was also having problem with the driver corruption and because of that the mouse was not able to connect to the machine.

have you tested any other mouse with the machine ever? If not then I would like to suggest you that first as you should try to make use of another mouse and if suppose there is some problem with that as well then surely there is some problem with the operating system that you have installed, and by the way did you made a update to your previous OS or you have installed newer version?

If you’ll be more specific then it would be better to assist you.

I was also having same problem with my mouse and actually it was some problem with the driver and after reinstalling them it was working perfectly, but here I would like to suggest you that you should try to install the one which you don’t have, I mean to say you should try to download latest driver if the one which you have is not working.

But along with that I would like to suggest one more thing that you can apply in order to connect your device. As whenever we connect the device machine always makes a connection point through which device get connected with the machine. thus according to me you should try to delete that point and make it again and then try to connect it.

Although having same opinion as the above user but still quite different recommendation as you should try to install the drivers which is actually compatible with the LION update rather than the previous one.

I think there could be some problem with the operating system that you have installed because I am also having same operating system and that works perfectly.

According to me you should try to reinstall the operating system.

I have done each and every thing that you have mentioned but still I am having problem with the mouse, and I don’t think this could be some software problem rather there is some hardware problem only.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion you have made.

have you checked the batteries in your mouse? I know this could be the negligible reason but still you should check that as well.

After a huge research I have came to know that almost all models are having trouble communicating with the Magic Mouse and a Firmware Update is supposedly on the way.

In the interim, go into Bluetooth Preferences and delete the whole thing using the small button. With wired keyboard and mouse hooked up reboot, set up keyboard and Magic Mouse once more and while connected eradicate the back from the Magic Mouse.

The batteries will not fall out and this craft quite dissimilarity. Suggestion is metal rear is sourcing meddling to the signal attainment the Bluetooth Card.

- If suppose there is some problem with the hardware that’s your mouse, but let me tell you I am not sure but still you should try to visit the store from where you had purchased it and let them check on their own, it might be possible that you must get replacement for the same if really there is some problem.

But let me tell you as if you have warranty period remain then only you’ll be able to get an replacement or else you must have to buy another one.