Thread: An extended error has occured when mapping a network drive

An extended error has occured when mapping a network drive

The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred: An extended error has occurred.
    I am trying to connect to a network drive, it has always been working perfect until today, checked all the normal things, like permissions on the server, the time on both the server and the laptop.
    On the same laptop, i can log on to the shared driver with someone else 's account and it works. Its only a specific user who cant access it anymore. What can be the problem?
    Its a Windows 2003 Server, laptop is a DELL D630.

Re: An extended error has occured when mapping a network drive

Verify to confirm that the PC date is the similar in addition. The actual time typically isn’t the difficulty, however rather the date. So please check this. In between I am trying to find more regarding to this. As soon as I get any information about it then I will post back here.

This problem appear due to driver letter. Your system is unable to provide a proper drive letter and due to that you are getting the error. For that go in Windows Explorer and click on Map Network Drive. Follow the screen instruction and at the time of adding a drive letter provide a alphabet manually. In this way you will be able to add drive letter and it will be accessible also. If still it is not working then just go in Network places and verify whether you have permission to access the shared storage or not.

The manual method will surely work, but this error occur at the time of using net view command. The issue appear to improper time. Your workstation and server is not having the same time. You will have to synchronize the same first and then try back. You can set the time manually also and sync it with the server. In cmd type run net time /domain /set command. This will sync the time and will give you appropriate output.