Thread: Unable to upgrade Time Capsule in 3TB Hitachi deskstar 5400K drive

Unable to upgrade Time Capsule in 3TB Hitachi deskstar 5400K drive

Newly I have obtained a 3TB Hitachi deskstar 5400K drive this week. I figured it could be a stupendous update for my Time Capsule. I got the drive today and associated it to my i7-MBP utilizing 3 distinctive USB controllers (2 outside fenced in location and 1 universal drive connector). They all point the drive to have a limit of 801.57GB. I associated it to one of my work desktop PC's and it perused 3TB, actually fine. So I chose to unequivocally establish it into the TC and see what that shows for the drive. Unfortunately that need of 746GB. If its not too much trouble post your recommendations.

Re: Unable to upgrade Time Capsule in 3TB Hitachi deskstar 5400K drive

Same with me so I called Hitachi and the backing rep told me the USB controllers and the Time Capsule should not underpin the huge roll (over 2TB) and it might as well function as an inside optional drive. Well, that would be not what I need it for so I surmise I'll benefit it unless I root out some different fix. I peruse an as yet undisclosed place about utilizing the Dos-Bootable system called "Hitachi offer device", to update the store setting and this would be able to tackle the situation but I'm pretty positive that was for a Xserve however so I don't know assuming that it will work for me.

It shows up its firmware is not good with OS X admitting that it works OK with Windows. I identify that difficult to think, but following perusing thru your string and what you've even now done, this is the just finish I am able to approach. When giving back where its due in the game that you have a different Mac or can acquire one for testing purposes, attempt joining the drive to it to see in the game that you get the same outcome.

I was determined to put it as an inward in my Win7 HTPC. Appears my data can develop by the same amount as 10-50GB a week. I am still regarding it while I attempt and decipher what to do regarding a newfangled NAS following my WHS burned out. It was topped off with a couple of 750GB and a few 1.5TB drives. In all probability I need to have picked up a couple of the DNS-323s to strike them in while Fry's had them for $140.