Thread: Corsair AX850W: need help while connecting pci-e and eatx 12v.

Corsair AX850W: need help while connecting pci-e and eatx 12v.

I am trying to build the new system with the Corsair AX850W power supply, but here I am having some problem while I am trying to connect this thing to my motherboard. And the problem is that The connector for the 8-pin eatx12v on the motherboard has 12 pins but my AX850W is having only 8 pins on it and except that 4 pins are blank. And also pci-e cables have the same 12 pin connection at the AX850 end but in the graphics cards there are two 6 pin power connectors, so I came here to know that what can I do to connect them to my system. Please suggest me in this case.

Re: Corsair AX850W: need help while connecting pci-e and eatx 12v.

Here I am having some information on this that may help in your case. According to me Each Power supply comes with the multiple EPS 12v 8/4 pin connectors. And also in the AX1200, they all comes with the 8 pins (2x4) and are labeled as "4-4 CPU" on the PSU (see figure 1). And due to this thing only AX750/850 has a slight different layout. And here let me tell you that 8 pin plug is designed only for the EPS 12v connector and the 12 pins are used for the PCI-E connectors. For that you will first need to install the cables and once this done after that you will need to plug the other end in the socket of the motherboard. And its totally depends upon your motherboard that EPS 12v connector either require an 8 or 4 pin connection. And here I think that you can also connect with the two 4 pins for creating the 8 pin connector. And after that make sure that you have done this all settings very carefully for that you can also check the setting again. And after that I will suggest you for the start your system and then enjoy. Hope that this all suggestion will work in your case.

I am also in the same problem and here I can see the proper steps for doing this thing, so here I would like to try with this suggestion and then I will report back that these suggestion is working in my case o not.

Hey thanks for your suggestion for connecting the pci-e and eatx 12v in my Corsair AX850W power supply. But still I am having the same issue while trying t connect the cables. it seems that Corsair ran out of the right socket ends for the 12v connector and just second-hand one of the 12pin PCI-E ones in its place. What to do in this case now? And thanks for suggesting me.

Here I can see that there are too many of the user which are wanted the suggestion for connecting the pci-e and eatx 12v in there Corsair AX850W power supply and they go the proper suggestion for that. But here I was also wanted the same and I followed with the steps which are suggested over here, but this really not worked for me. I would like to ask with the users who have solvrd there this problem. Please reply me back, I a facing this problem from the last month.