Thread: corsair Force GT Drive stuck and freezes

corsair Force GT Drive stuck and freezes

Hi guys I have bought 2 corsair Force GT 120 GB hard drives for mw and I have put it in my HP Elitebooks 8440p. I have installed Windows 7 64bit Enterprise in the hard disk and it was running perfectly without any hesitation.

But the situation is different now as I am having very serious problem with the drive as I am not able to do anything because it just gets freeze randomly, and the worst thing is like I am not getting what could be the problem.

Is it because of the hard drive firmware? Because as far as I know my operating system is perfectly ok, or I might be wrong. Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: corsair Force GT Drive stuck and freezes

See there could be so many reasons for causing such problem with the hard drives, such as it could be some threat in the software or might be possible that there is some problem in the software in the hard drive.

And off course It is always better to start with the software thus I would like to ask you that have you installed any such faulty software after installing the operating system and after that only you have noticed this problem with the hard drive? if so then try to remove that software and then see what happens, I mean to say if this is happening with corruption of data then after deleting them it will work perfectly.

But if you are not able to get any such content then you should try to determine after what you hard drive gets such a problem? and please mentioned it here so that we can assist you further.

are you sure that you BIOS was actually compatible with the hard drive you have installed in your machine? if you are not aware about this then according to me the better option would be to install latest BIOS in your machine and then see what happens, if the same is happening then according to me this could be some hardware problem in your machine.

If you have the time, please try something as I am mentioning. This may resolve the issue.

1. Remove the power from the GT wholly

2. And clear the CMOS ( you have to remove the power cord while doing that )

3. Re configuring the CMOS settings

4. Attach your drive to your machine again by now it should have been more than 1 min without power

5. Boot into Windows & "uninstall" the GT and for that right click on it from the Device Manager and select ‘Uninstall”.

6. Restart Windows and let it re-detect the GT

7. After everything you have to do a WEI run that’s “Windows Experience Index”.

8. Reboot the machine and see what happens.

I think there could be some issue with the virus in your machine, because I haven’t seen any such problem ever before.

You should try to install any good antivirus software in your machine and scan the whole machine, I mean to say after doing that all such threat would be deleted and all the issues would be resolved. But if suppose you are still having same problem then you should try to reinstall the operating system and see what happens as this is the last solution when we concern software’s as all such threat have be resolved after doing this, and If you are still having problem then it surely some hardware problem.

According to me you should try to make a firmware update to your driver as the version 1.3 firmware is available for the drive you have.

I am not sure whether I can claim the warranty or not for the drive because I am not sure about their terms and conditions about the services, and is it better idea to make a firmware update of hard disk from there only?

Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

it seems that your hard drives boot sectors has been corrupted, have you ever noticed any such problem ever before?

anyways let it be, according to me now you should first of all try to find out any utility on internet or simply you can visit the respective website of your hard drive and from there only you’ll surely get some recovery utility, which will enable you to recover rather repair the bad sectors in your hard disk.

I would say you should try to visit the service center and get the latest firmware for your drive, because It seems that this could be the last solution because I haven’t seen any such problem ever before and suppose if that is occur ever then also it could be because of any reason that could be resolved for sure after carrying out the above mentioned recommendation.

And as far as replacement is concern let me tell you as you must have to have to warranty period remain in order to claim the warranty. But if suppose you have exceeded the period then you may have to pay them for resolving the issue, even for updating the firmware as well.