Thread: Partition table disappeared in corsair F120 drive

Partition table disappeared in corsair F120 drive

Hi, I have exercise a new problem with my corsair F120 driver as when I boot it yesterday, I got that the partition table was disappeared and that’s why I was not able to run it any way, don’t know what could be the problem.

Is it regarding the firmware, or please let me know the tools that I can used in order to recover it, or firmware update is the only last option remain?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Partition table disappeared in corsair F120 drive

this is quite awful as you are having such a wired problem, I am also not sure what could be the problem with your drive, and it may be either software problem or hardware problem. thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to update the firmware of your drive because that’s the very good solution to this, but unfortunately you’ll lose all you data from the disk.

But if you want to try to recover those data first then there is a tool called “Gpart” that you can try to recover the table’s if possible. But if suppose you didn’t got it then you can have option to try the new firmware 2.0.

No, I am not actually worried about the data as there were almost nothing in the hard driver but still the thing is like I am quite afraid of hardware problem as they cost so high to resolve.

Anyways I was also thinking of updating the firmware of the drive but don’t know anything about updating the firmware, any suggestion?

If you are willing to update the firmware then let me tell you as you should try to visit the service center and let them do this for your drive, because as it seems that you haven’t done it ever on your own thus if anything went wrong then you may have to lose everything.

So better option is to get the firmware update from the service center, as you won’t have to pay them anything rather this is free of cost service if the hardware is in the warranty period.