Thread: some doubts regarding Firmware update of corsair Force series SSD

some doubts regarding Firmware update of corsair Force series SSD

I had just bought my 120GB Force-Series SSD, and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on it and no doubt it runs fine. But after some days when I been through its official website I came to know about the firmware update for the HDD. I mean to say I saw all this chatter about the firmware 2.0 for Force-series SSD.

thus I have some doubts as do I really require to advance if I haven't noticed any problems. What kind of troubles should I become aware of if I require to update the firmware or due to which problems we should lead to update the firmware?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: some doubts regarding Firmware update of corsair Force series SSD

see it doesn’t mean if we are having any problem with the current software directly leads to update the firmware rather we can have too many option to resolve the problem. And after all if you want to update the firmware then no doubt you can do this, but still let me tell you that if you are not having any issue with the current firmware then it is recommended by the company only that we should not update the firmware, because see if you are not satisfied with the newer version then you may not have been able to downgrade the firmware again on your drive.

yeah you can do this for sure, but according to me better option would be to visit the service center and let them do this update for you.

But make sure that you have made backup of your important data as you may lose it during updating the firmware.

I think you haven’t made a search before because this is already discussed earlier here, anyways you can refer the below mentioned link for the same.

And I hope you’ll get all solution to your doubts.

Do firmware update for Force Series 3 and Force GT is available?

Hey thanks for the suggestion because I was thinking that it is necessary and really I have visited the link as well, got my mind clear ..