Thread: Corsair HX1050W vs. Corsair AX650W PSU's

Corsair HX1050W vs. Corsair AX650W PSU's

Hi, I have recently purchased a newer machine but the only hardware left to start the machine is the power supply, but don’t know which one would be good. Thus when I was searching on internet I came to know about various models and among them this are the one’s that I have mentioned in the title, so please let me know which one is better to have and with little bit specifications, so that I can determine the superior one.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Corsair HX1050W vs. Corsair AX650W PSU's

I would say you should get Corsair HX1050W power supply as according to me this is designed For aficionado.

The Corsair Professional Series HX1050 PSU make use of superior DC-to-DC circuitry, and go beyond the requirement for 80 PLUS Silver certification standards, for up to 90% energy-efficiency. This decreases exhausted energy, dropping energy bills, and subordinate the amount of excess heat generated, letting the cooling fan to spin more leisurely and silently.

Corsair Professional Series power supplies are built by means of Industrial Grade electrical apparatus, guarantying the steady, spotless and consistent voltages that are necessary for high-end gaming PCs and workstations.

I am agreeing with the above user as you should get the one which is mentioned first.

Because the most important thing that I like about it was like they are designed by means of superior technology, counting premium-quality capacitors rated at 105°C, to offer enthusiast-grade performance and best-in-class price/ performance.

I would say actually they are intended for different purposes as if suppose you have build a gaming machine then according to me you should get Corsair HX1050W or else another one is better. Because in another one you’ll get Fully modular cable system.

In other words all cables can be separated from the power supply. Optimal flexibility in choosing the vital cables for installation already offers for a clear system with optimal air flow. Also, a future upgrade or replacement of the power supply go wholly painless, since the cables are merely disconnected from the aged power supply and connected to the new, fully modular power supply from Corsair.

if this would be pole then I would mark Corsair HX1050W because of its Unprecedented Efficiency.

With 90% efficiency at 50% consumption, the Corsair Pro Series Gold power supply is working silently generates minimal warm when operating and saves you money every month. The 80 Plus Gold Certification confirms that you have made with this power supply is the right choice for a smart, efficient power supply.

I think before buying any of this you should at least once refer the PSU buying guide from the internet, because though your selection is too good but still the guide will help you choosing the best one.

i am not sure whether you are conscious about the price of the product but still you should make sure which one will cost you how much and then only make a decision.

my recommendation is also for Corsair Pro Series Gold AX750 only as I am also having the same and really it works very good. I would like to tell you about some of the characteristic of this model so that can figure out the superiority.

The characteristics of Corsair Pro Series Gold AX750:

- According to the most recent standards ATX12V v2.31 and 2.92 EPS are backward compatible with systems running ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01

- A very silent fan with double ball bearing of 120 mm ensures, temperature reliant adjustment of fan speed for optimum air flow with lesser than average noise levels.

- With 80 Plus Gold-certification for 92% efficiency at 54% usage

- Universal AC input (90-264 V)

- No more turning the tiny red switch needed more

- Dimensions: 150 x 86 x 160 mm (W x H x L)

- Security seals: UL, CUL, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick

I am agree with the above user but still at other hand if you concern Corsair HX1050W, it also has too many good features such as,
    • 87.5 Amp Single +12V Rail

• Advanced DC-DC circuit design

• Qualified at 50°C

• Comprehensive Modular Cable System

• Low Noise Design

• 7 Year Warranty and The Corsair Advantage

any idea which would be the best option to get it, because I have heard that if we buy it online then we may get some discount on them, so is it true?

Thanks for the suggestion by the way.

According to me you should get it from the electronic rather hardware peripheral store because from there you’ll get the product cheaper than you get the same from the internet.

Because I hope you must be aware but still let me tell you as you have to pay some extra charge for the product when it comes to buy from the internet.