Thread: Corsair HX520W PSU having clicking sound while overclocking

Corsair HX520W PSU having clicking sound while overclocking

Hi, I have installed Corsair HX520W PSU in my machine currently, but I am having serious problem with the power supply as whenever I try to overclock, it just started causing clicking noise and obviously I am not able to overclock the machine.

I haven’t done it ever so it might be possible that I might be doing some wrong configuration, or Is it a hardware fault?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Corsair HX520W PSU having clicking sound while overclocking

I am not sure about the fact as whether your power supply is capable of overclocking, because the very first thing that we should know is like we should make sure whether the hardware is able to overclock or else you may start getting various problems.

I was also having same problem once and the worst thing was like, this continues until I eliminate the power lead and then slowly the noise disappears.

I am sure that the power supply that you are using has ability to overclock but it seems that there is some problem with the BIOS that you are using, thus I would like to tell you that you should try to load all the settings of BIOS to their default and then observe what happens. Because some time it could be possible that our modernize setting couldn’t work the way we expect it to work while overcloking.

But at the same time it also possible that the BIOS that you are using might be causing problem with while overcloking the hardware thus according to me you should try to update the BIOS of your system and then see what happens, and whenever you install the newer driver to your machine don’t install the same version until and unless you don’t found any newer version.

Have you tried disabling C1E and EIST that’s Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology in the Motherboard BIOS?

You can try to test the PSU in a different system as well.

you should try to make use of another power supply in your machine and then try to overclock your machine again and see what happens. Because see the thing is like if you are not having any such problem with another hardware that means surely there is some problem in your power supply and thus you can have option to either change the PSU or simply if you have any problem in the current one then got a replacement.

I don’t think this kind of sound could be came from the power supply, because there is only fan that can causes the noise but clicking doesn’t make any resemblance.

OK found EIST and turned it off but still made no variation.

Anymore suggestion left?