Thread: Needed advice on upgrading HDD on Dell XPS 400 computer

Needed advice on upgrading HDD on Dell XPS 400 computer

Hey guys I needed an advice on upgrading the HDD on my desktop computer I have this nice computer which I have bought second hand no with 150 GB but now I realizes that this is less on capacity I don’t know which his the best option that I have my current Hard disk is WD1500HLFS so should I now get the similar HDD once more, but larger size or should I do something else I am not that good on computer I mean on the hardware regards so please guys I need help on this matter I would appreciating that . thanks in advance

Re: Needed advice on upgrading HDD on Dell XPS 400 computer

Even I also have the same problem lately acquire a Dell XPS400 computer except at the present understand I must contain a bigger hard drive my present HDD is a Seagate SATA, 80GB, 7200 RPM might be there a SATAII. I wish for a Western Digital since WD have a duplicate utility I like that cannot be used if not no less than one HD in utilize is a WD I was also notify that 250GB is the highest volume acceptable by my system and its hardware, and that I might be competent to use 16MB cache and 10000RPM to get better show. Don't know if that's accurate or achievable does anyone guide me on this as I have checked the WD 2500 series so you guys have any proposal or recommendation to this regard. I will search for everything else wanted to suggest suitable upgrade

I'd absolutely advise you to get Samsung f3 series, my pc contain one and it’s the best ever hard drive that I have ever had and it’s a great value for money

Hey guys I have same question as I am using the MAC computer I at present contain a 320GB internal drive which I am tinking to replace with 750GB drive My dropbox folder is on the 320GB drive. I will do a new install of Snow Leopard and the dropbox client on the 750GB drive. What is the most excellent method to go regarding the upgrade to reduce the possibility of data loss, protect dropbox client thoughts I've erase all local contented and thus remove all online backup then sync occurs some assist and recommendation would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamina View Post
    Even I also have the same problem lately acquire a Dell XPS400 computer except at the present understand I must contain a bigger hard drive my present HDD is a Seagate SATA, 80GB, 7200 RPM might be there a SATAII. I wish for a Western Digital since WD have a duplicate utility I like that cannot be used if not no less than one HD in utilize is a WD I was also notify that 250GB is the highest volume acceptable by my system and its hardware, and that I might be competent to use 16MB cache and 10000RPM to get better show. Don't know if that's accurate or achievable does anyone guide me on this as I have checked the WD 2500 series so you guys have any proposal or recommendation to this regard. I will search for everything else wanted to suggest suitable upgrade
    Well I think there should be no issue to have 250 GB Hard drive on your computer

iomega have a few pleasant hard drives. Seagates are good quality too but at the end its your decision

Quote Originally Posted by Yistor View Post
    Hey guys I have same question as I am using the MAC computer I at present contain a 320GB internal drive which I am tinking to replace with 750GB drive My dropbox folder is on the 320GB drive. I will do a new install of Snow Leopard and the dropbox client on the 750GB drive. What is the most excellent method to go regarding the upgrade to reduce the possibility of data loss, protect dropbox client thoughts I've erase all local contented and thus remove all online backup then sync occurs some assist and recommendation would be much appreciated.
    Well as per you telling about your upgrade you need not have to be concerned about. The clean install of Snow Leopard would emerge to Dropbox as a totally latest computer It would try to download all your files all yet again in the procedure. The most excellent method to hold this kind of improve would be to backup your dropbox folder's inside and unlink the computer. Then, on one occasion you include your new install, install Dropbox. following installing Dropbox, wait the syncing. lastly, duplicate the contents of your backed up Dropbox into the latest Dropbox folder. as soon as you start syncing again , Dropbox will catalog your files and evaluate them to what you previously have in the cloud By doing this, Dropbox will not again download your files.

certainly, you might just unlink your computer, construct fresh, and then put in Dropbox once more, which would download all of your files. Doing it above will help to keep you from having to downloading again

I might be incorrect on this, however I consider that Dell systems will simply identify dell components. The BIOS that dell use will not make out aftermarket mechanism ant that what forces you to purchase improvement from Dell so You may perhaps would like to confirm with Dell initially if an aftermarket HDD will function with your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistor View Post
    If I was you I would unlink the computer as of my account by means of the account panel on the dropbox site.so what I suggest is build your modification after that re-link the account. like this your home files won't be removed and downloaded from the cloud onto the fresh drive on turn on the device.

Quote Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
    iomega have a few pleasant hard drives. Seagates are good quality too but at the end its your decision
    I am checking the F3/F4s, and the major object I'm sensing it will have in excess of storage. As I don't require 1TB, simply about 300-500GB. This is just gaming PC, not my major PC.I am yet attracted to the VelociRaptor, so I supposition I'll have to observe if any other alternative come up

If you're in the marketplace for a 1TB hdd then the F3 is, honestly, the single one you be supposed to be looking at.Read and write speeds are approximately 140mb second. somewhat calm if mounted in a decent case. And cheap to boot

because of the cost of this hard drive, and the reality so as to it's going to be my main HDD, do you believe it would be value it to by a next one, and set them up in some sort of RAID configuration I've on no account done RAID previously, however at this price, I'm attracted.though I don't require the 1TB, I do think that these are a huge price and most 500GB ones won't place up to them.