Thread: Western Digital WD5000BEVT internal 2.5 SATA HDD is making noise

Western Digital WD5000BEVT internal 2.5 SATA HDD is making noise

I have recently purchased a 500GB western digital WD5000BEVT internal 2.5 SATA HDD for a Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop. I drive is working fine except that there is some noise coming from it. I have recently changed the hdd. The noise is quiet but one can hear it. The sound is like when the disc spins up. When I was having my old hdd, it was also producing some loud noise and at the end it got corrupted completely. So now I am scared that what if my new hdd also gets corrupted. Kindly help me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Western Digital WD5000BEVT internal 2.5 SATA HDD is making noise

I would say that first you should check the internal parts of the hdd that you are having. It could be that there would be some dust particles or something that is creating this trouble. I hope after doing this, your hdd works fine. If it doesn’t then I would say that you should take your hdd back to the dealer from whom you got it. I hope that your hdd is in warranty period. If there is some serious issue told to you then better gets the hdd replaced. I don’t think that the hdd must be having some serious issues because western digital is a very good brand and they take care of their product very well. You can also directly contact the western digital and let them know about this. I would say that try to visit there official website.

I hope you have installed the hdd properly. Did you install it yourself or the expert installed it properly? I think there must have been some problems while installing the hard drive. Are you8 sure that the noise is coming from the hdd only? Make sure that the noise is not coming the fan. Many a times it happens that the noise is coming from the fan.

I think you should format your new hdd. I hope you know that how to do it. Make sure that you do it properly. Hard disks are very sensitive physically. I suppose that it is a hardware failure. So I would recommend you to backup all important data’s then try to claim for a new one get it replaced.

I would say that whatever the scenario is make sure that you do not open the hard disk yourself. If you do this then you will void the warranty.

I would say that you should purchase another hard drive now. As I suspect that there are some issues with it. You can get it fine in warranty else you will have to spend money on that and I would say that instead of spending money you should get a new one. I hope you understand what I mean.