Thread: kingston datatraveler 120 1GB is not working properly

kingston datatraveler 120 1GB is not working properly

Hi friends I have Kingston data traveler 120 1GB USB drive. I have recently decided to install the fresh copy of the windows Xp in my computer and after that I have copy all the files from the XP CD to my computer and after doing that I have remove the USB drive and insert it back and then I have check whether all the files get copied properly or not. Now when I insert the pen drive and tried to open that at that time it says that I have to format the pen drive. When I check the properties at that time it shows around 9MB size only. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: kingston datatraveler 120 1GB is not working properly

According to me you should try to solve this problem by deleting the unnecessary partitions from the disk management and after that your problem will get solved.

if you done know how to delete the partition from the disk management then you have to follow this stpes and after that your problem will get resolved. first you have to open the control panel and after opening the control panel you have to select the administrative tools and after that you have to click on the computer management. now after opening the control panel you have to select the disk management.

You can also right click on the mu computer icon and after that you have to select the mange and then open it. After that you have to click on the disk management. after that you have to select the USB drive and after that you have to delete the partition and then your problem will get solved.

Try this solution and if you still find the problem then let me know.

you should download the unformat program from the internet and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. I hope this will be helpful for you and you will be able to solve this problem.

I have followed your solution and first I have tried to delete the partition but when I have deleted the partition from the disk management at that time also I get the same problem. after that I run the unformat but that doesn’t help me to solve this issue.

if anyone having the same problem and have solution then please help me.

I think your Kingston data traveler 120 1GB USB drive has some sort of encryption which is hiding the parturition and I will suggest that you should run the Linux CD and after that you should try to free your hidden partition. I think with the help of the Linux you will be able to recognize the hidden partition. same thing happen with me also and after that I have tried same thing and then my problem get solved. you should try same solution and after that your problem will get solved.

If after trying the above solution also if you are facing the same problem then I think your Kingston data traveler 120 1GB has died and you should take the help from the Kingston support or purchase new one. you can also give try by connecting it with different computer and trying to format from that computer.

I hope after connecting your pen drive with other computer you will be able to solve this problem.

After referring your solution I have inserted the Linux CD and I have tried to use my pen drive and at that time it has recognized my pen drive and then my problem get solved, thank you for giving me solution and helping me. I really appreciate your help.