Thread: getting sound from system test and card but no system sound

getting sound from system test and card but no system sound

I am using computer in which I have x-fi titanium sound card and Logitech z-5500 speakers. Now from last some days I am facing problem with my computer. Now I am not getting sound while playing game and music but when I do the system sound check at that time I get the sound. I am using windows Xp operating system. Please tell me how to fix this issue?

Re: getting sound from system test and card but no system sound

I have gone through your problem and I would first suggest you to check whether all the sound setting is proper or not. if you have installed any codec’s in your computer then first remove all the additional codec’s from your computer and after removing the codec’s check whether your problem get solved or not.

I am aware if this problem and if you want to fix this issue then you have to first check that in your computer you sound card is selected as default sound device. First go to the sound setting and after that make sure that sound card selected as default device. if Is not selected then select it first. . if you are getting the same problem after that also then you have to disable the onboard sound and after disabling the onboard you will not get this problem again. First you have to restart the computer and after that you have to go to the BIOS setting. now after that you have to disable the onboard sound and after disabling the onboard sound you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

As far as I know after disabling the onboard sound your problem will get solved. You should also try to solve this problem by removing the sound card from your computer and after that connecting it properly check whether sound is coming properly or not.

it looks like the problem which you are facing is occurred because of the drivers. I think some the sound driver’s file have corrupted or gets damaged and if you want to solve this issue then you have to reinstall the sound drivers and after reinstalling the drivers your problem will get solved.

Connect your Sound card with any other computer and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you get the same problem after connecting your x-fi titanium sound card with other computer then your x-fi titanium sound card is faulty and you need to replace the x-fi titanium sound card and if your x-fi titanium sound card works fine with other computer then I think problem with your motherboard or drivers are not installed properly. if you get the same problem after connecting the x-fi titanium sound card with other computer then you have to contact the manufacturer and then ask them for the solution which you are facing in your computer and after that they will give you the solution.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Did you try to solve this issue by updating the drivers? if you have not tried to solve this issue by updating the drivers then you have to first download the updated drivers for your x-fi titanium sound card and after that you have to uninstall the onboard sound drivers and after that uninstalling the onboard sound drivers you have to also uninstall the x-fi titanium sound card drivers. After uninstalling that you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to insert the your motherboard drivers CD and install the sound drivers from that CD and then restart computer if it prompted and after that you have to install the x-fi titanium sound card drivers which you have downloaded . After installing that you have to check whether you are getting sound from your computer properly or not.

I have tried my x-fi titanium sound card with other computer and after trying that with other computer also I was not getting any problem. After that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the drivers and updating the drivers also same problem. Is there anything wrong with my soundcard or there is problem with my operating system?

After referring your solution I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by repairing operating system in your computer, I am telling this because you have said that with other computer your x-fi titanium sound card is working properly and you have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling and updating the drivers but still after that same problem is coming.

If after repairing operating system also if you are getting the same problem then I would suggest to take the back up of all your data and then you have to install the fresh copy of the windows and then you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after installing the fresh copy of the windows your problem will get solved.

Yes I am also agree with the above solution because there was similar problem occurred with my computer and after that I have installed the fresh copy of windows and then my problem get solved. you should also try to solve this problem by installing the fresh copy if windows.

I have first tried to fix this issue by repairing the windows in my computer and after that also get the same issue so I have installed the fresh copy of the windows and then my problem get solved. Thank you for helping me and sharing all the information with me. I really appreciate your help.