Thread: Should I use the SSD for the boot drive or not

Should I use the SSD for the boot drive or not

Hello friends, I want to ask something, well I want to have the suggestion from you people, I want to have the suggestion on that which boot drive I should I use, as I want a boot drive for the game to be used, as I am very much big fan of the games and also I am very much addictive to the game to play it whole day and get myself into the game when I play the game. So should I go for the Solid State Drive (SSD) or should go for some other drive, please tell me and give me your suggestion to me and also I want to purchased for my computer as soon as possible. Thank you.

Re: Should I use the SSD for the boot drive or not

I will suggest you to do for the SSD as the SSD are best and also great to use as the drive and you can store the games in that and you do not need to keep track of it on the other drivers. So you can take it and store the game on it.

Well my friend, I want to say something on the SSD, so a usual SSD will read approximately the 250 MB/s mark and also it write approximately at the speed of 170 – 200 MB/s mark. Well the critical they state that the 64 GB version of this drive will read at the speed of the 355 MB/s and also write at the speed of 70 MB/s. so I would say that the larger ability versions of this drive will have the faster writing speeds. So I would suggest you to go for the SSD and select the higher version of the SSD for your storage. Hope the thought might help you and also make some sort think to buy the drive.

Well the SATA is also the good choice and also it as faster as the SSD and also it cheaper and you will be getting the drive for some cheap rates so I would suggest you to for the SATA drive.

I want to say that SSD's are just not all about raw of the speed. Well they also do not have the moving parts any of them, and also they use less power than a normal platter drive and also they are much less level to damage or to the data-loss from the drive. But it has a one disadvantage, which is that the write speed is tends to slow down over the time as more you use the drive for the gaming or for any other purpose. That is the reason why they are the best as the boot drives and for the games you wanted on it.

Well my friend, I am waiting for the Vertex 3 as it has the 550 MB/s reading speed and it has the 500 MB/s writing speed. You can wait and get that one for you.

Well my friend I was doing the inspection around on the scan and I was able to see an appealing 40 GB one SSD, which was having the 300 MB/s reading speed and it was having the 250 MB/s writing speed. And also I establish that the crucial 64 GB one was around the cost of the £90 which also you will get in the Bargain with the shopkeeper. So you can think about it and get one for yourself and also you might find it comfortable to buy it and easily to use; now you can make the decision for going to the SSD as per the suggestion.

I want to say that if you are going for SSD and in that you select the 40 GB drive then all the 40 GB drives is expensive and also it is underperform as per the need of yours. So you think about it and get it.

I also want to say as one of the user have told that the SSD tend to slow down on reading and writing time when the earlier full capacity they get it. So due to which at the moment, I would only consider you to go for one purely for a boot drive for the O.S. and also I do not see any point in getting a huge capacity SSD, but for you want to put games on it through a hard copy or form the steam. Well it was just my opinion though because I do not want to get stuck when you get the drive for yourself. And even also it all comes downward to the budget and also for the personal need of yours. Hope the suggestion might help you.

I would suggest you to go for the SSD and I like you to go for the higher version / capacity, as it has good reading and also the writing speed and also comes down to price of yours.

I am very much grateful for the suggestion made by you all and also will might work on some of the suggestion which you have told me to, and I will try to find the best and also the good SSD for me so that I can get the game on it and also use it comfortably and do not lose the games from the drive. Thank you to all the users for giving very much helpful suggestion to me.

bobdavis118 Guest

Have you thought about using Intel's Smart Response technology for your system instead? It allows you to dedicate up to 64GB "cache" to speed up your entire system. I used this on my most recent build. It's setup kind of like a raid drive and stores the info you use the most on it so you can retrieve information super fast. Best part? the Sata 6.0 Gb/s SSD was only $100.