Thread: Unable to replace power supply unit in hp touchsmart 300

Unable to replace power supply unit in hp touchsmart 300

I have an hp touchsmart 300 pc at my home. I was having many problems in the past. A computer expert told me that I need to change the psu to overcome the issues that I am getting. So I have decided to replace the power supply in my Hp touchsmart. The problem is that I cannot find the way on how I should do it. I don’t know the location and how to unmount the psu. So can anybody help me in this? Please tell me if there is any website where everything is given step by step. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Unable to replace power supply unit in hp touchsmart 300

Firstly I would request to mention the exact model of the pc that you are having? I would suggest you to go to the hp official website. There you should go to the support and drivers section. There you will have to type the model number of your system. After entering the model number, you will be directed to a page to help with drivers and documentation. I would say that read the documentation and you will come to how to and where mount psu.

Well I would say that information regarding this is hard to find. I would not suggest you to it by yourself as it are not that easy for a user to do that. You have a compact unit and replacing the psu would be hard for you. Even if you try to do it yourself, then I would say that you will have to be very careful while doing this. I would request you to better approach the hp service center and ask them to do it for you.

I would say that better you don’t try this to do it yourself. If you have much hardware knowledge and if have been doing this then you can or else just take your cpu to any hardware shop and get it fixed by them. You can visit google website and there just right down what you want. You will get many results; just click on which you think should be and follow the procedure mentioned. I hope it works.

Psu is easily accessible for that you don’t have to touch other hardware in computer. There is box where your power cord pplugs into is the psu. You just have to take out 4 screws which are at the back exterior of the computer and slide the psu out. If it is a modular psu and the new psu is also modular then you must unplug it from other components and you just have to disconnect the wires from the psu. Now connect them to the new psu. If it is non-modular then you will have to disconnect all the connectors from your motherboard and any other optical drives. I hope this helps.