Thread: how to install Brother DCP120c Printer from the Manufacturers Disk

how to install Brother DCP120c Printer from the Manufacturers Disk

I have a computer at home. Actually few days back my motherboard was having some issues with it so finally I had to change the motherboard. I have got it replaced and now I am having a new motherboard with warranty. I also have a Brother DCP120c printer with me. It used to work finally with the old motherboard. I am not able load my Brother DCP120c printer anyway. I am very much annoyed. Actually I had removed many programs from my computer and I was in the impression that I will load them again after the new motherboard. . I have tried with antivirus and firewall but nothing has worked yet. Any suggestions given will be appreciated. Thank you

re: how to install Brother DCP120c Printer from the Manufacturers Disk

I would say that if you are not able to load the drivers form the cd then try to download the drivers for your printer from the official website. After downloading them, try to install it in the pc. Also make sure that your operating system is supported. I would like to know which operating system you are using. Please mention it in the next post.

I would suggest you to make sure that your usb cables are properly connected. I hope your printer is in the warranty period. Make sure that all cables are fine.

I would say that try to un-install the device and then install the up to date drivers. For this I would say that go to the device manger, right click your printer and click uninstall. Now try to install the drivers that you have got from manufacturer’s website. I hope it works. If it doesn’t then I would suggest you to come back to me so that I can help you out with some other effective solution to resolve your query.

I would say that try to follow the following things that I am mentioning.
    • make sure that the print spoller service is started
    • make sure that the right port is selected for your printer in your printer's properties
    • AMD USB audio driver filter can be conflicting with it so you could try un-installing it if you have it installed already
    I would also say that try to use the printer by connecting it to some other computer if it doesn’t work there the I think the problem is with the printer, if it works then surely the problem is with the computer you are having.

Well I think I have the proper solution that will definitely help and that is go to the registry and search for brother printer and delete the entry. Then reload from the printer disk and you will be able to print back again.

I think there is some problem with the operating system that you are having. I would suggest you to format your once and then try. You can uninstall all the programs before formatting. Try to install the printer files one by one and then try what happens. I think this should work.

Re: how to install Brother DCP120c Printer from the Manufacturers Disk

I think you should take the help of Google website. In today’s world Google provides with mostly all solutions. I would suggest you to visit many forums and check there whether this issue is being discussed over there or no. the last thing if nothing helps then I would say that tale your printer back to the manufacturer or the dealer. You must also call the customer support to help you out. I hope this will solve your issue.