Thread: Need help to install the router without using CD.

Need help to install the router without using CD.

Hey hi all, I am having a wireless router with no driver CD for it. And also I had searched on the website on that router but I found no any driver for that router. I came here to know about that how can I install the router without using the driver CD? Please if anyone having some information about this then please suggest me back. And also tell me if anyone was having this problem before and also the suggestion how he install the router after losing his driver CD?

Re: Need help to install the router without using CD.

Hey, let me tell you that router uses no drivers, because it is mostly plug and play. And also if you are thinking for the CD then I will suggest you that you need the CD's for installing any wireless adapters on computers but in the case of the router there is no need for any CD drivers because router directly run from the box. For setup the router you will just need to do some basic steps, and for those steps you can follow the user guide.

Hi friend, I also have lost my CD but still I can easily setup the router, this is because installing the router doesn’t need any driver CD. For the more details you can also download the instruction from the website.

Hey in this case I will first ask you to provide some information about the model router & version number. And also please give some internet option and need for installing the router. After this also someone will help you in your case. And also will give you some important information to you for setup the router. Good luck for that.

Thanks for your suggestion for telling me to give some information about which router I am using and also about giving the model number for the router. I had purchased the router about one year ago, but up till now I am having the problem while connecting with the internet. And recently I came to know that there is often problem when AOL is your provider. For that reason I had bought the system from Best Buy and which is having blue face with a black body. And let me tell you that this is called as 2.4 GHz Wireless-B Broadband Router Model BEFW1154. Now I think that this is the enough information for you. Now please suggest me the detailed instructions on how to set this up so that we can all use our laptops. Please. And also thanks in advance.

If you are having problem to connect to the online then connect your PC to the modem and after that I am sure that you will be online directly. And if again you are having this problem then for that you will need to call your ISP. And still if your problem not solved then I will suggest you to search for the steps to configure the router correctly.

Yeah, thanks you very much for your suggestion. Now I am able to installed the router without having the driver CD for it. I tried with this and this works for me. Your information really work for my. Thank you again.

I recently bought the new router for the wireless connection for my computer. But I was getting confused while installing that route in my computer. The confusion was that, I was not having the CD for the driver installation and I want thinking that from where should I will the driver for it? But recently I switch to this forum. And after registering my problem I found that there is no need for driver CD while installing the router for your system. I am very happy with that thing, because I resolve my confusion by your suggestion. I would like to say thanks to all of you for suggesting me.