Thread: IBM NetVista not responding on boot

IBM NetVista not responding on boot

I just moved to an new place. I carried an old system with me which was IBM NetVista. I was using Windows XP in it. I had just purchased a another new one and kept this as an separate desktop. Till last week it was working fine. I had formatted the system to install Windows back as it was working very slow. But after that the system performance degraded to great extent. The system freezes in between. When I try to connect internet via a usb it freezes and on force reboot only the system responds. I tried to boot in safe mode and check issues, but does not find any thing. I cleaned the hard drive and ram also to fix some hardware fault. But nothing worked out. Now the system is just giving a beep sound and there is no display on the screen. Can anyone help me to fix this.

Re: IBM NetVista not responding on boot

Disconnect the ram and rub the edges. Put then back again. Change the power connector of your hard drive also and properly check the monitor cable.

I will recommend you to carry the same to an repair center. It is much better to keep the system there instead of repairing the same with your own hand. It looks issue of faulty ram and also faulty vga cable. Sometime while moving, you might have connected it to improper power source. This damages the ram mostly. Connect the cpu case only to an working monitor and just see that you are getting a display for the same or not. If you are not getting display then change cable and check back. If not then the there is some kind of major hardware issue in the system. Also do the same for the monitor also. Check it with some another working system and it must give you display on the screen. Carry it to any repair center which will be a less hassle work for you.

Freezing are common issue which are related to operating system. You can run driver updates for that to fix it. But if there is no display at all, then there is an hardware fault.

At least you must be able to see the bios screen. That is really very important to troubleshoot any system. Because if you are not able to access the bios screen then that means the system is dead.

Can you arrange an spare ram for the same kind. If yes then that can help you. Check the specification of system and then arrange for the most appropriate ram kind. Change the same and then check back. If possible you can run a bios update for this system. That can be a tricky process as the system is very old and finding the most working bios for this cannot be a easy job. So look for the same. If you found run a update and then check again. Disconnect all connected hardware except the mouse and keyboard and on it. Change the vga cable.