Thread: Unable to install printer when deleted a registry key

Unable to install printer when deleted a registry key

My desktop was under virus attack and as part of cure my anti virus software asked me to delete the an registry key . I deleted the key , I have the HP 2410 printer installed but my desktop is not able to detect the printer . I removed all the previous components and installed them using the original disc but still windows is not able to detect the printer . I even downloaded latest updated version but same things are repeating. Can any one suggest me that how can I connect my printer.

Re: Unable to install printer when deleted a registry key

This is common problem that may occur if you delete registry keys as because experts to believe that it risky in deleting any registry key as it may harm your system. Avoid deleting registry keys and if it is important then have a full back up before making any changes. To get back the key try using software called your , this software detects the deleted registry keys. In your you have to manually open paths to log the files . So to retrieve the key launch your select file and open systems then open hive . once you navigate to folder where the key was present then check the your interface on left it will show the folder called deleted keys navigate to key and right click on it select the that you want , if not save the with .reg extension . hope this will help you to recover the registry key .

Your computer is not detecting the printer due to registry got deleted try for system restore . follow instructions if computer is able to boot normally: start windows and wait , click on start button and select accessories and inside it open folder called system restore and click on restore icon and click on next choose the date before when printer was able to connect and click next button. Your computer will restore which will restore the deleted keys . This will work successfully as your system keys are not deleted . If you are not able to recover then you have to repair the operating system using bootable disc and then install the software's.

The registry key that has been deleted by computer antivirus try to regain it by using system restore option from the system recovery option . If you are not able to get it then try this instructions. Click start select run type: cmd . In the Command window type: SFC /scannow Note the space between SFC and /scannow You can copy/paste: SFC /scannow and hit enter button . Keep your hp pavilion cd ready if you are asked to in your writer . If you not able to get them then repair your operating system.