Thread: DVD drives not working after Reformatting Windows XP

DVD drives not working after Reformatting Windows XP

I just reformatted my computer which was running Windows XP home. After this I am getting problem with my DVD drives. Currently there are 2 DVD drives. The thing is the drives are now not able to play DVDs but it can play CDs. My system is on WMP otherwise VLC, over again CDs run OK on together what could be the problem?

Re: DVD drives not working after Reformatting Windows XP

Most of the causes that generate this issue lie in the fact that those who have a computer starts to install dozens of software that is used to using. Perhaps not realizing that by installing their favorite CD burning software, having already uploaded to another, create a doubt that Windows no longer recognizes the goodness of its drivers and report it as being in conflict.

Click Start, Run and type: devmgmt.msc, double click on the "Controller IDE ATA / ATAPI", delete the line "Secondary IDE Channel" and then restart your PC (not from me but pascacal 132! ) and it has already made good results !!!!!

It is true that XP CD-RW/DVD player automatically detects and has installed the provided drivers. As you indicate, I have indeed Nero burning software installed and shall be to recognize the player. I can select the burner, but in any fire, nothing happens. It will then give me a CD or another medium in the CD-RW/DVD player to stop.

My current 52 speed cdrom player and my 24-speed writer as master and slave are on one IDE port and my hard drive and the problem CD-RW/DVD player as master and slave on a separate IDE connector.

I also read several calls from various people who find the XP drivers as they encounter problems when they had not in 95, 98 Win 2000 etc.

When I use the DVD drive replacements and everything works and then when I turn off the PC again and after 1-2 days of the DVD drive no longer works properly. The CD works, but I get the contents of the CD is no longer displayed in Explorer.

First of all uninstall drivers, and then restart Windows XP. The system would then automatically create a new hardware recognize and configure / driver will load itself down. People who are not stored the driver on the system have to rely on the manufacturer supplied CD back!

I currently have two burners in my PC really are. Both are on a separate IDE port. I have just heard that Samsung Samsung drives only the standard Windows device drivers and also installed the Windows XP drivers should work!

It occurs to me now remembered that when my XP Samsung player was detected and installed the drivers for this is my player briefly worked. At that time I had no DVD software installed. On a movie DVD that I currently have sitting in the drive was a DVD program that I have subsequently installed. At that time I could do is drive through the tree approach. After this installation, this problem occurred to me.

If you know how it goes in safe mode and see if it passes a cd on. After it does not work if there are CD cleaning the lens (which reads on the inside). Otherwise see if the Domain Manager device it is not clear the ISP you right click and activate. If you look in your lap if IDE or SATA connector is not disconnected and finally if you feel you try to put it another pc.