Thread: Is it worth buying momentus XT solid state hybrid hard drive?

Is it worth buying momentus XT solid state hybrid hard drive?

Recently I have purchased a Lenovo N100 3000 laptop. Actually I like to watch movies a lot. But I am not able to store it as I dont have much space left in my hard disk. At present I am having a 60 gb hard disk. Actually I am planning to purchase a new internal hard disk for this system. I have researched a lot and finally have come on to Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive. I am not sure that whether it is compatible with my system or not? Should I go for 7200rpm harddrive or normal 5400rpm harddrive? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Below I have mentioned my system specifications:
    • T2300(1.66GHz) 2MB L2 cache
    • 1.5GB RAM
    • Windows 7 Ultimate OS

Re: Is it worth buying momentus XT solid state hybrid hard drive?

I would suggest you to go for this one. It is far cheaper than the ssd. I would recommend you to go for Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive. As far as I suppose that it is worth buying and would certainly support your system configuration. It would have been better if you have mentioned your budget. So that I can give you more options and would be able to help you more effectively. I think you should purchase this one because my friend has recently purchased it and is very happy having it.

Well I think that is all your choice. I would personally say that don’t go for it as it is not that much reliable. I have been hearing lot of problems regarding this drive and there are many negative points of this drive. You can check the negative points of this drive on the google.

I would suggest you to go ahead and buy it. It has large storage capabilities and gives SSD-like performance. Cost wise it is not that much high. You will see that even it has the same storage like SSDs. It is worth buying because it will give you a warranty of 5 years.