Thread: Need soundless 850w psu

Need soundless 850w psu

I am having desktop computer at home which is having OCZ Z series 850 W psu. Actually I am planning to change it as I am very much annoyed with this OCZ Z series 850 W psu. The reason is that, it makes lot of noise which is sometimes not tolerable. The noise is very disturbing. I have noticed that it makes much noise when I am playing high powerful games on my pc. I don’t want this happen. I want to have a soundless psu. But I am looking for a psu which supports high performance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Need soundless 850w psu

I would suggest you to go for the Corsair AX850 power supply unit. What is your budget? Please mention us your budget so that we can provide a perfect psu. If you want to purchase this psu then you will have to pay something around 200$. This psu is one of the silent psu’s available. If you want purchase this psu then I would say that you can also purchase it online. Just visit the official website of amazon and ebay, there you will find much options of psu including this one. These sites many a times provide good discounts for the users.

Go for Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W Power Supply. I am having the same Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W Power Supply unit. I would say that you can close your eyes and trust on this psu. I have mentioned few features of this psu.
    • Hybrid Transformer
    • Heat Transfer technology
    • Hyper Path
    • Single 12 V Power Rail
    • Double-Layer EMI Filter
    • Intel Compliant
    • Intelligent Fan Speed Control
    • Active PFC+ PWM Combo Controller
    • Multiple Protection Design
    • Efficient Transformer

I would like to ask you that what kind of setup you are having. And also I would like to know that what kind of overclock do you have if you are overclocking? Actually the noise that you are saying is caused by the high loads on the psu. I would request you to reply to this post with the answers so that I can help you more effectively.

I would like to know that are you confirmed that the whole noise that is coming while playing high power games, is coming from the psu only. I think there could be some noise from the cpu or fan. I would ask to make sure about the noise. It could be a bad decision if you replace the psu before knowing that fan or cpu was making this noise.

I think you can also try out Corsair TX750W Power Supply unit. I would suggest you this because it is silent as you want and would be very good if play games on it. But I think for playing games you not only need to have silent and good psu but also good ram, graphics card and processor. This psu supports ATX12V v2.2 standard and older ATX12V 2.01 spec.

I think you can also go for the 520w psu’s. I would suggest you to have a look on the google regarding this. Start googling and make your decision.

Marcisamar69 Guest

I think you should take some advice from the computer hardware shop. You just go to them and just tell them your needs. It would be very important for you to know the system specifications. It is not necessary that all psu would be compatible with your system. I hope you understand what I want to say to you.

I think just try Antec Signature 850 for voltage regulation. This psu is very quiet and doesn’t produce any noise. Well let me tell you this that if you go for this one then you will have to pay some price atleast and it would be a little expensive. You might have to pay for around 250 dollars.