Thread: Which is the best compact, reliable, portable storage device

Which is the best compact, reliable, portable storage device

Right now I am in the need of compact, reliable as well as portable storage solution intended for a long-lasting journey I'm taking afterward this year. I wait for I'll require about 160 GB of storage room, even if 250 GB is preferable. I'm demanding to tour light, therefore the further compact as well as rugged the improved. It doesn't have to contain a photo viewing display, except a few form of copy confirmation, battery power verification and space left over facility is required.

Re: Which is the best compact, reliable, portable storage device

A USB stick (or USB flash drive, or USB flash drive, pen drive ...) is a portable storage of very small (a few centimeters in length and about a centimeter in width) that connects to your computer using the common USB port. Used to store files of all kinds from photos to music. Nowadays all we possess at least one; there are endless varieties and forms of dogs, cats, sushi, teddy bears. So on and so forth!

Compact hard drives are a line of workstation fringe units for speedier development. Why? Some individuals need a conveyable hard head with a specific end goal, which is to make supplemental space for archiving indexes on PCs without impressive inward space, in particular for laptops and netbooks. Others utilize a versatile outer hard drive to once again down indexes and documents to administer ultra-sheltered in the event of machine washout.

But why choose a portable device over a desktop device? There are many reasons, including:
    • A portable hard drive requires no external power supply
    • A portable hard drive is excellent for use on a mobile is small enough to carry with you and is often designed with strength for the transport.
    • Portable hard drives can easily be used on multiple PCs to share files
    • A portable hard drive allows for automatic scheduling for backing up files
    • A portable device allows quick and easy data archiving

At Computex in Taipei, has had a small presentation space the mobile hard disk drive with Wi-Kingston Technology Solid State Drive as well as wifi capabilities. It is a rugged portable storage solution based on Flash with WiFi, which allows Apple users to three different IOS access to files on the SSD memory and to start several streams simultaneously, without interruption of benefits. There are two models available, the 16 GB which costs $ 130, or the 32 GB so it takes 175.

In my opinion the Ipod Touch or ipod nano is the best storage device for all the purpose. There is nothing more to say about these device because these device mostly comes with 8GB range to 64GB storage capacity. It is somewhat like smartphone but not a mobile phone. I think it is the best option while you travel.

Maxtor Maxtor OneTouch III introduces the Mini Edition drive. It is the first external storage solution from Maxtor in a compact format. It weighs 200 grams. In view of additional data security, it comes with two levels of security: software encryption to the disc contents to protect the drive is lost or stolen, and Maxtor DriveLock, embedded firmware data access impossible without the correct password even if the internal disk unit is removed from the casing and on another computer. Exchange and synchronization of data and files Maxtor OneTouch III Mini makes use of Sync Edition, a software feature that automatically synchronizes data between two or more computers with the same operating system. Become a standard feature that is included with all products from Maxtor's third-generation systems for remote storage is the System Rollback feature. This restores a damaged or crashed PC, complete with applications and operating system, based on a previous healthy state, while maintaining the previously stored data. Like all Maxtor OneTouch storage and backup solutions, it also offers software for automatic backups according to a fixed schedule or with a simple push of a button. Available in versions for 60 and 100 GB.