Thread: Need best IR station: Jovy RE-7500 VS. KID R-460 VS. ZM-R380B

Need best IR station: Jovy RE-7500 VS. KID R-460 VS. ZM-R380B

I actually own a service center in india and I am looking for an IR station for my service center. I have searched a lot regarding the best IR station on the google but I am still not sure that which one would be the best. I have got a lot of IR station on the internet with low price and high price. Actually my friend has suggested me three IR station to me which have almost same features. I want IR station for Mobile Phones,PSP,X-Box. Basically I have three IR stations in my mind and they are as follows:
    • Jovy Systems RE-7500
    • KID R-460
    • ZM-R380B
    I just want to know among these three IR stations which would be the best and which would be easy to operate? Any suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Re: Need best IR station: Jovy RE-7500 VS. KID R-460 VS. ZM-R380B

I would suggest you to go for Hier T860 IRDA unit. I have this same unit at my workshop. It allows me to repair mobile phones at the lower end. With this almost every common reworks can be done. It is good to use IR, but it is a little time consuming though. You can also see Aoyue 968 Repairing System. it is also good. Just check on google website.

I think you should go for Jovy Systems RE-7500. Below I have mentioned few features of this one.
    • Very flexible uses for most components including SMD, BGA CBGA, CCGA, CSP, QFN, MLF, PGA.
    • The system uses IR with no damage to adjacent components.
    • It Features a built in air-pick for safe, precision installation & removal of ICs.
    • The system allows guaranteed safe homogeneous heat distribution.
    • Features custom programmable, or automatic control of the IR heaters.
    • Features customizeable, programmable temperature profiles.
    • Allows for real time monitoring of processes using your PC or laptop.
    • Requires no nozzles or focusing, thereby avoiding hot and cold spots.
    • Jovy RE-7500 is the optimal tool for re-balling ICs.

ZM-R380B is the best among all in my view. I would suggest you visit the amazon or ebay websites in order to purchase it. Many a times you will find some offers on some products, so just check it that is there any offer or. These sites actually provide some very good discounts, so hurry up and find some discount.

Well Jovy Systems RE-7500 is the best in its categories. I have it and I am very much happy. It is a little expensive but it is worth. Let me share the applications of Jovy Systems RE-7500 and this will probably impress you to buy this one. The applications are as follows:
    • Medium & large scale service centers
    • Mobile electronics and communications systems devices
    • Cellular, PDA s, Handhelds, PC motherboards
    • LAN devices, network nodes and military equipment
    • Portable medical equipment
    • Anything and everything SMD

I am not very sure about Jovy Systems RE-7500. But I think if you want to for a mid range one and for normal basic purpose then KID R-460 would be the best for you. I have mentioned few features and technical parameters of it below,
    • There is a movable heating head that is allowed to move in all directions for easy operation.
    • There is embedded industrial computer which has touch screen interface, PLC control and real-time temperature curve displays.
    • You will find that there is a high resolution touch screen which is for visible operation and observation.
    • Industrial computer can save setting temperature curves in great qty
    • There is an external mouse which you can connect for some easy operation.

Technical parameters are as follows,
    • Power: single-phase 220V, 50/60Hz
    • Machine size: L620*W600*H650mm
    • Max weight components: 80g
    • PCB fixing ways: Outer or frame
    • Components: 2*2-60*60mm
    • PCB Size: L20*W20~L460*W370mm
    For more information on this I think you must go to the official website and get more information from there. You can also contact them through email. All the best

Aoyue 968 Repairing System is very good. Aoyue is a very good brand with no doubt. Being an expert I would suggest you to go for this one because it has a very creative in built smoke extractor which absorbs fumes which is generated at the source. There is a microprocessor which controls the temperature and airflow.

You can find aoyue 968 for about 180 dollars. The cheapest in the aoyue category is the aoyue 936 which comes around 48 dollars only. Below is the link from where you can find all aoyue products with price list.

ZM-R380B is a very expensive one. It comes at around 1000 dollars. It allows you to choose imported materials for controlling BGA desoldering & soldering procedures. Top & bottom temperature areas heat independently. You can connect the machine to a computer so that you can control it properly. For this purpose you need to use the built-in PC serial port and proprietary software.