Thread: Nee help: ink loss in HP Officejet J6480

Nee help: ink loss in HP Officejet J6480

I am using HP printer from the last few years and I use to print less than 2 pages per day average. And I take use of this printer every day and after ink cartridge outlet dries I change that cartridge and then testing from the Printer Toolbox. And recently I am turning off the printer when I think that it is not in use. I switch off the printer because I think that print head would nest against a foam pad to prevent this. I've never had the production of both ink cartridges, often less than 20 pages in full color, with very little color in the field. The store cartridges confirms that the color cartridge is empty every time it stops working. A new (refilled) color cartridge is installed for four weeks, five normal printed pages with some color (not pictured), was removed from the machine, RECAGE and sealed in a ziplock bag while I was on vacation for two weeks. Now I have a single color, but with a cloth. Please help me in this case.

Re: Nee help: ink loss in HP Officejet J6480

I think that it will be best for you to not remove a cartridge once it is installed until it has been depleted. I am telling this thing because I think that when you remove the cartridge the nozzles may dry out. And after that if you retape the cartridge or allow the nozzles to contact the edge of a ziplock the colors will mix, ruining the cartridge. If recapping the cartridge or allow the nozzles in contact with the edge of a ziplock colors mix, ruining the cartridge. The best place to store cartridges in the printer is open. Make sure you only turn off the printer power switch itself, through an external power switch can cause the cartridges are not properly parked. The area is the ink is normal, this is the station where the ink is "spit" to keep the nozzles clear before and after printing.

Hey I have used cartridges have been refilled by Cartridge World. After she complained that the limited or no ink transferred to the paper after a day or two of downtime, I suggested that I remove the cartridge, replace the plastic pressing a foam pad against the ink dispensers, and keep the cartridge in a plastic bag cage until he returned to using the printer again. The logic was that, while in the printer, the ink can dry, the cause of the problem. I am telling you that thing because I was also facing the same problem and I solve that problem while using this suggestion. So I will also recommend you to do the same and then report me back that it is working for you or not. I hope that it will work in your case.

I'd say that it's quite possible that poor ink. It is also possible that your station is not correct leveling cartridges, but this is not limited likely. If the foam is actually possible to touch the nozzles of the air force in the architecture of the nozzle which could depress the individual colors. It is also possible in this case because of color mixing between adjacent chambers. This can cause permanent damage to the cartridge.

While using the printer I noticed that when the printer is turned off, a similar foam pad rests against the cartridge and functions the same way. So I took off the printer when it is idle for more than a few minutes. However, the loss (or dry) the ink problem persists. That's why I thought the ink cartridge can leak. If you are convinced that the ink cartridge well below normal, then the only explanation left is faulty refilled cartridges, as alluded a. My next diagnostic step, then, is buying new cartridges plant to see if that solves the problem. If not, I'll be upset. And except that if you have any other suggestion then please suggest me again.

Let me tell you that, Station-sealed cartridges a short time after the end of the print job. I typically leave my printers on 24 / 7; they enter a state of low automatically where they use very little power. A new cartridge should solve the problem. I think not with the external keyboard to store the cartridges, the best place for a good cartridge that has opened in the printer.

Tell me that does the coupling seal the entire cartridge, even when the printer is on but idle? If so, I gain nothing to turn off the printer between uses. . The station in the printer does not actually touch the nozzles, forming a seal around the edge of the nozzle plate. The relatively new color cartridge in the printer now offers only magenta ink. Even when I clean the nozzles with a damp cloth, no ink flow. If the fluid I see under the cartridge carriage is normal, yellow and cyan inks must be dried in the nozzles or otherwise soiled. At this point, a cartridge of the new factory is in order. Do you agree whit this? Try with that and report me back on the same forum that it is working for you or not? If not then I will try to give you other suggestion about it.

According to me the "printer technology" is very misinformed. Each and every design HP Inkjet from the original Thinkjet introduced almost three decades has had some kind of limitation to prevent the nozzles from drying out. It is possible that some cases of this throttling mechanism to fail, but this is not common. And also in this case I would certainly suggest you find a more competent repair technician.

I thought I had solved this problem by trying a new factory cartridge. While, this is only told by a technician from the local printer that HP Office Jets not cage the print cartridges and ink dry-out is a common problem. He said later 6500 and 8500 Office jet printer cartridges using the 940 number to resolve the problem, including the ink supply system, preventing air from contacting the ink. You talk about a security station that seals around the cartridges, but he denies it. His recommendation was to overturn the HP almost new for the above. If that's accurate advice, it is quite disappointing.

After following your suggestion now I am trying to use the new factory cartridge and this thing is working for me. Yes now I am also thinking that print cartridges and ink dry-out is a common problem and I am suffering from this type of the problem. But now all things are working fine and also thanks a lot for your reply.