Thread: HP Solution Center is unable to detect HP 6380 printer

HP Solution Center is unable to detect HP 6380 printer

Recently I have purchased HP 6380 printer and I have got it installed on my system. I did not face any problem during the installation process. Yesterday I just opened hp solution center, there I didn’t find my printer. But the printer is shown in the network. I am able to print my documents and check the properties but I am not able to perform scan operations. So I want to know how I can get the solution center to detect the printer so that I can scan my documents. I am using a Wireless Network with a D-Link DIR-655 router and I have installed Windows Vista Home Premium operating system in my computer. Any suggestions regarding this would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: HP Solution Center is unable to detect HP 6380 printer

I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers for HP 6380 printer first. Make sure that you have removed all files and programs related to your printer. You can go to start>>settings>>control panel>>add/remove hardware. There you can select the file one by one and uninstall it. Uninstalling is tough mind you. Just after uninstalling all the needed programs, restart your system. Once you have restarted the system, try to install the latest drivers and updates back properly. This should resolve the issue.

You can also perform the following things to get your issue solved.
    • First click on the start button
    • Go to the run option, there type regedit and then hit Ok button.
    • You will see that Registry editor gets opened
    • Then you may navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE by clicking on the plus sign.
    • Click the plus sign again to the software
    • Then you have to locate the HP well as HP folder.
    • Just right click and then delete both.
    • Try to Re-install the whole pack again.

I think you should get a utility disc for the same and then get all the applications re-installed. Try to change the port through which the printer is connected. You must try to connect to different usb port. Make sure that you install the drivers. Now open the hp solution center and search for the printer. I hope it should help you out to get to a better solution.

I would suggest you to install a new operating system if nothing from the above solutions works for you. I am sure that doing so your problem will get solved. I am sure that it’s not some hardware problem except it is just some software problem.

I think you should contact the hp customer and get some solutions. They definitely know the exact problem and would guide you properly regarding this. You can also go to the manufacturer from where you have got this printer. Ask them to go through the issue. I hope your printer is in warranty period because that would help.