Thread: 5610 All-in-one printer giving cartridge error message

5610 All-in-one printer giving cartridge error message

I have an hp 5610 all-in-one printer. I am using it since two months now. Actually recently I was booking an online ticket and hence I wanted a printout of that ticket. I followed the same procedure as I always do while taking a printout. I have both ink cartridges installed and I was able to take out my printouts without any problem till now. When I was trying to take out the print I got an error message that I am using wrong cartridge. I am confused and totally questionable. I don’t why this message is coming. I am not able to take the printout. Can anyone help me regarding this issue? I want to know that what the problem is. Any suggestions that will be contributed would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance

re: 5610 All-in-one printer giving cartridge error message

I hope that the cartridges that you have are genuine. If you are not having an hp cartridge then I would suggest you to get them. Check that that the tape that is on the cartridge chip has been removed. Many a times the tape is not removed and the printer doesn’t detect the cartridge. I hope you have your hp 5610 all in one printer drivers installed properly. Please mention what operating system you are using. Please answer me in the next post.

Well firstly I would suggest you to follow these troubleshooting steps. I am not sure but still I think this might help you to detect and resolve your issue.
    • Unplug the USB cable from the back of the device without turning the printer off.
    • Then try to remove the cartridge from the device.
    • Now wait until you get the message like "Insert cartridge” on the control panel.
    • Now try to unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and wait for some 60 seconds.
    • Try to reconnect the power cord. If the device does not turn on automatically then press the Power button.
    • Reinsert the cartridges and close all doors that may open the device.
    • You might be prompted to print a calibration page, if you are prompted then kindly do so.
    • Then reconnect the USB cable to the back of the printer and then try printing again.
    I hope this helps. If it doesn’t then I would like to hear from you again. I would give you some other effective solution.

I think the cartridges are not properly installed. Check it out and do it. As you have mentioned that when you try to take the print then it says wrong cartridge so definitely the issue is of cartridge only. There could be many things. I would suggest you to clean the dust present in the cartridge box and clean the area.

I would suggest you to unplug the device from the computer. Remove all the cables connected. Unplug the cables once. After that just plug all the cables back. Connect the usb cables and try to switch the printer on. I hope this helps.

Well if none of the above solutions are effective then I would like to say that try to install the hp officejet 5610 all-in-one printer drivers again. Download the latest updates of the drivers from the internet and get it installed. You can search for the drivers and for the latest updates on the google website. Before installing the drivers again, make sure that you first un-install the drivers. You can go to the start>>settings>>control panel>>add/remove programs. Remove the programs related to hp and restart the pc. After restarting the pc, try to install the drivers. You just need to follow few instructions and the drivers would get start.

I have an hp officejet 3608 all in one printer at home. I had some cartridge problem few days back. I was not having much idea of this issue. I just installed the drivers of hp printer again. I had got a bootable cd of hp drivers when I had purchased the printer. I hope you must have also got a cd.

It is possible that the expiration date of your cartridge has got over. If you want to check this then you will find this information on the body of the cartridge. If you come to know that your cartridge is expired then kindly try to get a new one. As far as I think the new fully loaded cartridge would resolve this cartridge issue. All the best

I think you should call up the hp customer support and ask them to assist you. They are experts and would definitely help you out. They might help you out on the phone itself.

Well I think of you are still facing the issue after trying all these solutions then I think you should take your printer to the retailer from where you had purchased it. I hope your printer is in warranty period. If it is in the warranty period then whatever cost is generated, gets minimized. You might not have to pay anything. And few parts or components might get replaced at free of cost if your printer is in warranty period.

Sometimes it happens that the ink level in cartridge is less, so it can happen that you are getting this message. I would suggest you to remove a color ink cartridge and keep the black and white cartridge. Try to take the print out. I know that doing this will give you error like, cartridge not inserted and so. But you cannot do anything in this. You will be able to print document. But make sure that you print in black and white document only. Same way I would say that do for the color cartridge. This way you will be able to find which one is faulty and like. i hope this helps.