Thread: Not able to download updated drivers for my HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z in mac os x Lion(10.7)

Not able to download updated drivers for my HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z in mac os x Lion(10.7)

Recently I bought a HP Officejet 4500 wireless printer G510n-z. I have an Apple MacBook pro with os x Lion. When I tried to connect my printer to my MacBook pro, then it tried to download updated driver for it, but it was not able to do so, and it showed me an error message saying the software is not available and I need to contact HP support. I tried some different ways to connect it my printer but I am not able to connect it. As far as I got to know from HP, os x Lion(10.7) has support for this printer. I have bought many HP printers but I never faced such issue. I bought this printer for my home. Please, tell me any solution to fix this issue.

Re: Not able to download updated drivers for my HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z in mac os x Lion(10.7)

First I want to ask that, have you ever connected this printer to your Mac before you upgraded it to Lion. And also are you trying to connect it via USB or wirelessly.

Re: Not able to download updated drivers for my HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z in mac os x Lion(10.7)

As I have mentioned that I tried different way to connect my printer to my Mac book, I tried to connect it via USB and even wirelessly. And as, I just bought it yesterday I never used it before. I have HP Officejet pro 8500 wireless printer in my office I was using it before I upgraded to Lion, and it is working fine even now. I do not understand why I am getting problem in installing only this printer.

I think this solution will work for you. First connect the printer via the front panel of your HP Officejet 4500 wireless printer G510n-z to your network. Open Wireless Setup Wizard which you can find by going in Setup and then in Network. After that undergo Wireless Setup Wizard and get your printer connected with your network. And now in your Macbook, open System Preferences and then click on Print & Scan and there you can find a ‘+’ sign, click it to add your printer in the list. Hope this will work for you. Just give it a try. If you have done this previously then try doing these steps after rebooting your Macbook.

I did that many times previously, it didn’t made any difference. But, now I will do that again after rebooting my Macbook. I hope after that this issue will be fixed.

I was also stuck in the similar situation. But I got a workaround for it. I think you must have got a CD with your printer, install the HP printer driver package from it. It might say that it doesn’t supports 10.7 but you just install it and after that go in Apple menu and run Software update. It will identify the required update for your printer and will install that. It worked for me. Give it a try.

If the above solution don’t helps you, then just download HP Printer Software Update 2.7 package from the link http://support.apple.com/downloads/D...ivers2.7.2.dmg and then install it. After that, add your printer by clicking on plus sign which you can find in System preferences/Print & Scan.

I had the same issue. Solved it by simply trying to print something, and then adding a printer when the print dialog window opened. I was connected to the printer using a USB cable and because of that OSX Lion could see the printer and I simply selected it to add it. It then automatically downloaded the necessary software which it said was available. After that it worked. Hope it works for you too.

jamelb Guest

The model number HP Officejet 4500 g510-m does not seem to be correct.

Method 1:
    You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3919448

Hope this helps.